Slow transfer speed between disks

I'm trying to move some files from /mnt/disk3 to /mnt/disk5 and I'm finding things painfully slow and it is affecting other things running on the server quite badly.  I first tried with unbalance and the share I gathered averaged 8MB/S transfer speed in the report.  doing the same thing via shell and the mv command is giving the same slow experience so it isn't the plugin.    It seems like it burst with speed for a bit and then hangs for a while.  Is this normal behavior?  Any recommendations for speed up?

Drivers are both GPT: 4K-aligned xfs formatted.  Drives are all 5400 rpm and up, no archive drives in play.  No errors or warnings in syslog.  Single parity drive.   System is a  Intel® Xeon® CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz X 2 with 48GB ECC ram.

gobo-diagnostics-20190807-1401.zip

Edited by jfrancais
attache diagnostics
32 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

If you're on v6.7.x it's related to this issue, for the moment best way is to copy to cache or unassigned device then copy back to the other disk.

Running 6.7.2 so I guess that is the issue.  Is this actively being worked on for a fix?  Copying to the cache drive is a non starter for me as I'm moving amounts larger than cache.  Would this problem effect drives not in the arrive?  I could temporarily add an external drive to copy on and off.  Makes me a bit nervous as data wouldnt be protected in flight.

3 minutes ago, jfrancais said:

Is this actively being worked on for a fix? 

It should be.

4 minutes ago, jfrancais said:

Would this problem effect drives not in the arrive? 

No, you could copy to/from an unassigned device.

You can also try enabling turbo write, it should help a little, as long as there are no controller bottlenecks on the server, but still slower than normal.