Unraid 14th Birthday Case Badge Giveaway

Happy Pro-license user since 2010 (you were, what, 5 at the time?). First build was an i3 in a tower case. I actually just recently retired one of the last remaining drives from that build--not even due to errors, just wanted to rid my system of all old Green 2TB drives for speed purposes. Then, like many people here, I did a JohnM Atlas-clone build around 2012. Aside from adding another HBA and many, many disks, my server has pretty much remained the same since then, happily chugging away 24/7. 

Unraid is great for many reasons: the drive aggregation, the continual evolution (VMs, Dockers FTW), the reliability, the community... I've probably turned 10-12 people on to Unraid, and I don't even have many tech-inclined friends. 

Happy Birthday, Unraid!!

I started with a simple FreeNAS server as a fun project a few months ago. It was fun but I was always having some issues with it. I figured that it was probably the lack of knowledge of even some basic linux informaiton. I decided to move everything over to UNRAID for fun and was amazed on how simple everything was. The darn thing just wants to work for you. I will be purchasing my Pro license soon and am so greatful of the Lime-Tech to continue supporting such a great product. I also would love to thank those of you here in the forums that are always helping others out. I can not count the number of forums that I read to add more functionality or troubleshoot something with the system. :)

First and foremost, Happy Birthday 🎂🎉

Honestly, since I built my unRaid server it has not been a dull moment of sweat, tears, disappointments, excitement, happiness, and overall enjoyment. With the knowledge I've learned from the awesome community here, I've also helped 3 others build an unRaid environment and they have similar emotions to the experience. The environment started from a simple Plex server and just been growing into a production/development environment for programming and more. 

Again thanks for everything and I wish you a bright future and many more birthdays

247334.42b2f3fe4a59db8c9737895775d08db3.247334.3c5efe3ffd6ad627bba1327acbc90625.

Unraid has improved my marriage! My wife and I game together, I had a desktop and her a laptop. Her laptop was... let's say poor for gaming. Enter unraid and now she's got a dedicated video card and 4 threads of excellence. I had to sacrifice a few of my threads for her, but it's worth it. Plus, when we're not gaming together I can just allocate all the threads and RAM to me.

I went with unraid because it solved all the issues that I didn't like about raid. Not losing all your data if the array fails, adding drives as you need them and not having to rebuild/erase the array. Being able to use drives of different sizes. Are the main ones. Plus to finally move to an os with redundancy is the best thing ever. Haha.

Happy Birthday unRAID!

Been around since January 2012, hard to believe I have been here for half your life. I purchased a dual Pro license back in the day and started with a YAGC (Yet Another GOLIATH Clone) by Johnm. I still have that build with the same flash drive, most of the internals have been upgraded. I then added another system to my environment by using the LimeTech D-316M case to use the second license. Along the way I have spread the word and brought several friends along the way to build their own unRAID systems. To this day I still help them out when they run into issues. It all started out as a way to manage my media collection, but with the addition of Docker to unRAID it has expanded. I use it for backups, cloud storage, reverse proxy, etc. I have really enjoyed the ride and hope that it will keep continue for a long long time.

Thank you!