Unraid 14th Birthday Case Badge Giveaway

The best thing about unraid is the pleasant community.  Actually, I worry that I won't live up to it sometimes!  And seriously, that's not how some other communities are.  I moved to unraid to consolidate into a smaller system in preparation for an eventual move overseas, for the most part, it's done that admirably.  The killer feature for me is the relative ease of GPU and associated device passthrough e.g. for gaming. I definitely miss some of the features of the more pro end NAS units like directory integration, snapshotting, branded apps and tools to access the NAS e.g. the QNAP / Apple integration to mention the main areas.  I look forward to Unraid plugging these gaps more and more in the future. :D

I've been using Unraid for a few years now. I absolutely love it. I can't honestly remember how I found it, but I am so very glad I did. 

My girlfriend suggests I love Unraid more than her... she might be right.

What I enjoy most is discovering new things i can run on my server, setting them up, then watch as they work flawlessly from then on. It just works.

I truly love what you guys have made.

Thank you and Happy Birthday!

Been using Unraid for couple of years now and loving it. Planning to extend it and found a really cool case modification solution in this thread by Nilsen.

It's going great so far, however due to the modifications there will be ugly looking USB holes left. I thought the Unraid badge would fit ideally to cover it 😀

Happy birthday and keep on going !

IMG_20190818_140229.jpg

I love unraid and to be honest I have a container of every badge for computer products that I've received in the past.  I like to keep my computers clean of stickers.

Although if I got a badge I would feel inclined to use it.   

The irony is that unraid is so stable and has been so great that I keep it in the furnace room and nobody even gets to see it.

Great product and happy birthday!

Edited by Frayedknot

Cause it's not FreeNAS.   After 2 years with FreeNAS on my 45drives AV15 - I finally said f-it and made the switch.   Boy oh Boy - Why didn't I do this 2 years ago!.   FreeNAS made me sad every day.   It made my shares sad.   It made my laptops and desktops sad.   If VMs on it would have ever worked - they would have been sad too.  

Unraid allowed me to do everything that I wanted to do two years ago - and I allowed me to do it all in 2 days.   6 dockers running, 3 vms, 50+TB of storage online, a 10G switch for all of the clients, automated backups running, and even integrated with my DevOps slack channels.   

Unraid really licks the lamas ass! 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, KoFTwentyTwo said:

Cause it's not FreeNAS.   After 2 years with FreeNAS on my 45drives AV15 - I finally said f-it and made the switch.   Boy oh Boy - Why didn't I do this 2 years ago!.   FreeNAS made me sad every day.   It made my shares sad.   It made my laptops and desktops sad.   If VMs on it would have ever worked - they would have been sad too.  

Unraid allowed me to do everything that I wanted to do two years ago - and I allowed me to do it all in 2 days.   6 dockers running, 3 vms, 50+TB of storage online, a 10G switch for all of the clients, automated backups running, and even integrated with my DevOps slack channels.   

Unraid really licks the lamas ass! 

I always thought Freenas was awesome cause of that killer filesystem feature - but there's always more to it isn't there.  Sad. LOL.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:19 AM, SpencerJ said:

August 29th, 2019 will mark the 14th anniversary of Lime Technology Inc. Much has changed from the early days but one thing has always remained constant: 

Our awesome community of Unraid users!

Pros: Been an awesome system and have been using for many years now, started out as pure storage and morphed from there. Enjoyed seeing it grow to a more rounded solution with dockers and such.
Cons: So called awesome community? People keep creating more and more things to do with unRaid, my original system feels inadequate :P. I keep reading the cool things people are doping with unRaid and feel like i am falling behind.

Keep up the good work!

So very short term user, but already I've managed to reduce my home infrastructure to a single server (offsite data backup still and some other dedicated devices) running multiple containers and vms. This has reduced my electrical demand, heat generated and space required massively. I am over the moon with my setup that even though I don't need it I bought the pro license as a sort of thank you! I am still trying to think up new ways or things to do with my server to increase the value add.

Happy 14th Birthdady, Unraid!

I learned of Unraid from the video on LinusTechTips "7 Gamers 1 CPU" (which I can't believe was over 3.5 years ago!)

I'm now running an Unraid tower in a Dell PowerEdge T110 II I recovered when I upgraded the servers at a client's office. My array has been running well (also with some second hand disks that were in excellent shape) for about 2.5 years now.

What I appreciate about Unraid the most is that it is a very feature-rich operating system that is also very user friendly. The number of continually maintained Community Applications blows my mind, and the broader compatibility with the Docker community's containers is also very impressive.

I love my little Unraid server and hope to keep using it for many years to come!