AMD Passthrough Help

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone tried to passthrough the integrated graphics of AMD to a VM? I have tried lots of combinations but haven’t been able to. Below is my setup. I’m trying to pass the integrated graphics to a Linux Mint VM. Is there a tutorial someone can share or if someone has done this can you please explain how you did it. Thanks. 

M/B: ASRock B450 Pro4

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version P3.10. Dated: 03/07/2019

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics @ 3500 MHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Memory: 16 GiB DDR4

Kernel: Linux 4.19.56-Unraid x86_64

Hi there,

I can't say we've tested passthrough on the embedded Radeon graphics included on some Ryzen builds, as the use-cases for it would be pretty narrow.  I don't believe we even have a test bench with Radeon included.  That said, passing through an integrated graphics device can sometimes be more difficult than one which is discrete.  Intel iGPU pass through took a while to get supported and even then it's not 100% flawless.  Unfortunately unless someone else in the community has done it before with the same/similar hardware, we can't really give you any other advice than what we have said in other threads or in the FAQ.

In addition, if you really want to get some help, it might be useful for you to give more details about what you have tried thus far.

Hello Jonp,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried so many combinations that honestly I cant remember them all. With the information you provided I think I will step aside from trying this for now and see if maybe other people who have more knowledge can get it running. Maybe in the future I will update this post with the attempts I made.