[Tip] How to passthrought GPU with Supermicro x10DAi.

busily1152

Hey everyone!

I was able to get my Vega FE to pass on over to the guest, here's everything I did, start to finish, for anyone who maybe trying to pass through a Vega FE on supermicro x10dai on Unraid OS or similar OS and having problems!

First and foremost, make sure you're UEFI booting to your OS. If I'd spent the time to do this and, I could have saved myself a few hours of troubleshooting.

Second, the EFI OPROM setting for my card in the Supermicro BIOS was necessary to turn it off completely! This would not under any circumstance work until I did it with the card slot. If for any reason you're using a Supermicro board and under the PCI slot settings you can't passthrough GPU select EFI OPROM for your GPU and turn it off, and make sure your bios setting as you intended before do that because you can't access the bios setting to post in the screen through the GPU if you turn off this option until you reset CMOS.

Edited by Idris Gsmalla
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...