log spam after create a symbolic link to folder

hello and sorry if this was answered before. I did a link to folder /mnt/disks/descargas ,a unassigned device used to store downloads , into /mnt/user/descargas

so everyone can use the /user/ folder to access all the data without searching in /mnt ( i dont like standart users roaming that places xD)

the thing is ,after the link was done the next error show nonstop in the log:

Aug 9 06:23:58 "servername" emhttpd: error: get_filesystem_status, 6512: Operation not supported (95): getxattr: /mnt/user/descargas

as i understand the system is trying to figure what is "descargas" folder and the filesystem? , anyways how can i stop the process generating this log spamming to read other log messages?

thank you in advance

Why did you need to try that link?   Why not simply share the UD device which can then be seen as a share on the network.    Why are users trying to access the system at the Linux path level in the first place rather than via shares?

i think you may well find that the system does not like anything to be under /mnt/user that is not a directory.    It could be a limitation of the fuse file system used to populate /mnt/user.    Have you tried putting the link inside an existing User Share if you really need such a link?

15 hours ago, itimpi said:

Why did you need to try that link?   Why not simply share the UD device which can then be seen as a share on the network.    Why are users trying to access the system at the Linux path level in the first place rather than via shares?

i think you may well find that the system does not like anything to be under /mnt/user that is not a directory.    It could be a limitation of the fuse file system used to populate /mnt/user.    Have you tried putting the link inside an existing User Share if you really need such a link?

ok removed the link and it works again, to answer your questions :

the link is needed for a simple reason ,i want everything to be under "share" folder ,i though it was the same as the "create share" in the UI m if not i did shiet XD

i dont know how to share the UD device ,is there a method or tutotrial of how to share it ? ( the disk has no folders ,is used from the root  to store files only) 

in fact is shared ,but i want it to be opened from the /mnt/user folder like any other share ,maybe that was my real failure...

i mean for example user A  is allowed to see the "almacenamiento" share ,so i wanted the UD device to be "inside" the almacenamiento share to simplify the user life 

and yes you´re right ,the system DO NOT like at all anything that is not a folder inside /mnt/user  ,sorry im new to unraid and not new to linux and solaris ,but the type of work that i do is not folder/storage/understandig related.

thank you for the reply and have a good day sir :)

Edited by ARMITAGEIII