Board for Ryzen 7 3700x

Hey, Im planning to buy a 3700x to upgrade my Unraid Server but Im having difficulties finding the right board for my needs.

What I need:

3x PCIe x16 (2x 3.0, 1x 2.0) for HBA, 10G NIC and maybe a GPU later

ECC support: 16GB Samsung B-Die (starting with one, getting more later)

Headless Boot

All this as cheap as possible ;)

For the PCIe Slots I probably need an X chipset, so Im looking at X370 and X470. (Dont need PCIe 4.0 and want to save some money and power)

X470D4U is pretty much the only game in town if you want some workstation/server management capabilities.   A lot of owners seem to be having a variety of issues though whether it's issues with IPMI, stability issues when using hypervisor and trying to do things like pass-through of a GPU, etc.  Not sure how stable it is if you were just going to run vanilla Linux on it with the hardware you mentioned.

It's also not what I would call affordable since it is currently priced at about $350.

Edited by voip-ninja
On 8/17/2019 at 4:17 PM, rallos_hoo said:

Wow thats a nice board, not sure why the use mATX for their server boards tho. But way too expensive.

There are a few boards that would fit my needs but I dont really know if ECC really works and if they boot without a GPU. Might just buy an Asrock or Asus board to test, I heard they are the best for ECC and headless setup.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019/8/19 at AM2点19分, TeKo said:

哇,这是一个很好的板,不知道为什么使用mATX为他们的服务器板。但是太贵了。

有一些板可以满足我的需求,但我真的不知道ECC是否真的有效,以及它们是否在没有GPU的情况下启动。可能只是购买Asrock或Asus板进行测试,我听说它们是ECC和无头设置的最佳选择。

sure, ecc memory is valid, and the motherboard include VGA compatible controller.