Disk Replacement Failed

I did as follow:

- Stopped the array

- Disconnected disk

- Started Array

- Stopped Again

- Swapped disk to new slot

- Started Array

As soon as I start the array again the disk has a blue square next to it and the Data Rebuilt message is displayed on Array Operation section . but as soon as the array is active again the Disk is disabled (red x) and the following messages are displayed:

Unraid Disk 1 SMART health [199]: 10-08-2019 11:33

Warning [MONSTRUO] - udma crc error count is 2
WDC_WD60EFAX-68SHWN0_WD-WX21D19A81X8 (sdo)

Unraid array errors: 10-08-2019 11:33

Warning [MONSTRUO] - array has errors
Array has 1 disk with read errors

Your steps look correct.  Post the diagnostics following this operation.     If the disk got disabled it means a write to it failed, and the diagnostics might give a clue as to why.

have you tried any of the suggested action such as swapping cables or moving the drive?    The fact you got a CRC error points to a connection problem and the cause of these can sometimes be hard to pin down.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... New disk and I did it all over again. This time the process went through flawless but still all the data I had on the original disk are lost!!!! The reconstruction process went on for almost 18 hrs. but no files were saved at the end....

Any chance I can get them back from the original disk?

23 minutes ago, gideva said:

This time the process went through flawless but still all the data I had on the original disk are lost!!!!

And by this do you mean that the disk is unmountable or empty? If umountable you need to check filesystem, if empty it means it was formatted by you during or after the rebuild.

What I did is the following:

- Stopped the array

- Disconnected disk

- Started Array

- Stopped Again

- Swapped disk to new slot

- Started Array

The operation started with no problems and, after a while, out of the blue the reconstruction stopped. I tried to start it again but no joy. I tried wit a new disk and all went perfect (I thought) but the data are not there anymore...  For sure I must have done something wrong but I did not probably realized I was f..ing up everything. Any way I can try to rebuilt the data from the failed disk (the very original one I mean)?