Unraid Server becomes unresponsive for no reason

At least twice a day my unraid server becomes unresponsive.  When this happens I cannot remote into it anymore, nor can I use the actual command line on the physical box.  I need to press the power button to power off/back on to get it to  recover.  Any ideas?  

Unraid Version 6.7.2

M/B: ASRock AB350M Pro4 Version - s/n:

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version P4.70. Dated: 02/09/2018

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core @ 3200 MHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Cache: 576 KiB, 3072 KiB, 16384 KiB

Memory: 8 GiB DDR4 (max. installable capacity 256 GiB)

Network: eth0: 1000 Mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.19.56-Unraid x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.1.1c

I have two drives in my Array.  One as a parity and one as a disk Both WD Red NAS 4TB drives

The format is xfs but the parity drive does not show a file system.  Not sure if this is normal.  

Cache Drive is a NVME 500GB drive.  Format btrfs 

I pulled the diagnostics logs from Tools>diagnostics but it looks like the logs are just from after my restart.  Not sure why a system would overwrite logs after a reboot.  

Any help is always much appreciated.  Ive attached my syslog file but not sure it would be helpful. 

syslog.txt

2 minutes ago, Armed Ferret said:

Not sure why a system would overwrite logs after a reboot.  

Normal

You can have unRaid save the syslog continuously to the flash by going to Settings - Syslog Server and have it mirror to the cache.  With luck something will appear there after the fact

3 minutes ago, Armed Ferret said:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core @ 3200 MHz

Have you disabled C-States in the BIOS?

14 minutes ago, Squid said:

Normal

You can have unRaid save the syslog continuously to the flash by going to Settings - Syslog Server and have it mirror to the cache.  With luck something will appear there after the fact

If it does it again, how do I get the logs off the flash drive?  Just plug it into my PC?  

15 minutes ago, Squid said:

Have you disabled C-States in the BIOS?

I do not seem to have a C-state option under Advanced > CPU Configuration.  

I have an ASRock and all I have is 

- Cool n Quiet "Enabled"

AMD fTPM switch "Disabled"

SVM Mode "Enabled"

On 8/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, Squid said:

Normal

I managed to get the logs off of the flash drive and took a look through them.  

I do see plugins keep trying to install but then that could be just normal.  Im not sure when the server became unresponsive though but when I tried to access it, thats when I noticed. 

If you can't tell whats wrong from these logs I think i'm going to try and get an intel cpu and see if that helps.  

syslog.txt

Edited by Armed Ferret
adding logs
15 minutes ago, Armed Ferret said:

If you can't tell whats wrong from these logs I think i'm going to try and get an intel cpu and see if that helps.  

Or check for BIOS updates to the motherboard.  There have been many issued to fix issues with 1st Gen Ryzens, and C-State options may then appear somewhere within it.

On 8/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, Squid said:

All I know is that 1st Gen Ryzens have known issues with lockups / reboots which was solved via disabling C-States (IIRC)  There is a Ryzen thread around here somewhere, but the problem with Ryzen lockups / reboots when the chip is idling are reported on all OS systems

Sorry, not wanting to hijack the thread but is this still an issue with the new 3rd gen Ryzens? Or the 2nd gen Threadrippers? I'm saving up some cash to replace my older i7-6700K based system that unRAID runs on. I've definitely been considering a Ryzen 3 setup but also might go with a 2nd gen Threadripper setup.

46 minutes ago, Squid said:

Or check for BIOS updates to the motherboard.  There have been many issued to fix issues with 1st Gen Ryzens, and C-State options may then appear somewhere within it.

I updated the BIOS to the latest version.  (I was 3 versions behind).  However, still no C-states.  Blasted Ryzen cpu.