Unresponsive server

The last couple of days, I have been trying out Unraid, but it doesn't run for more than a couple of hours before it goes unresponsive and I have to hard reset it (long push). Sometimes I even have to delete the network config off the USB.

Are there any logfiles that doesn't get wiped off the memory?

2 hours ago, mortsonian said:

Are there any logfiles that doesn't get wiped off the memory?

The latest versions of Unraid have a syslog server feature that allow you to designate where to save syslog.

While ideally any diagnostics would be taken before rebooting, a diagnostic taken after reboot might tell us something.

Have you done a memtest? How is the CPU cooling?

The syslog seems to indicate it couldn't contact limetech (required for trial key) and never started the array. That's the last thing I see. Are you saying it crashed after that?

Will it work long enough for you to access the webUI and get us a Diagnostic? Tools - Diagnostics, attach complete zip file to your next post.

Have you tried another memtest? Are you sure the CPU cooling is OK? Power supply?

Yes, that was one of the times it crashed. After that i removed the network config from the USB and booted the server up again and now it's been running for 44 minutes.

It normally runs for a couple of hours before it becomes unresponsive (still powered on, but no WebUI and i can't ping).

The last Memtest i ran, was clean. 0 Errors. The CPU cooler is fine and the temp is at 29.8C. I don't know about the PSU, but think it's fine (Corsair RM450).

tower-diagnostics-20190814-1810.zip

I lived with this problem for a few days after ugrading to 6.7.2.

Eventually ended up back on 6.7, was going to go back as far as 6.6.7 but havent needed to,  and server stable again, i was having to pull the plug, restart and resync parity for ever it seemed.

Do you run unassigned devices or preclear plugin as removing both of those seems to have stabilised my system.

Not saying these in any way contributed but removal has contributed to a stable system it seems.

See my post

Seems we're both members of an exclusive club eh ...

Edited by superloopy1
8 minutes ago, superloopy1 said:

Do you run unassigned devices or preclear plugin as removing both of those seems to have stabilised my system.

My philosophy is to not have preclear installed unless I am going to use it right away, then remove it when finished. Never had any trouble with UD. And in general, don't install plugins you don't need and don't install packages from Nerdpack you don't need.

28 minutes ago, superloopy1 said:

I have both, because i'm not done setting up the server yet. It crashed several times, while i was preclearing the first disk. That is why i have postponed the second drive. I hoped to fix the crashing issue before i have to run preclear again.

Alright. So now i precleared the disk (ofc the server crashed 10 times while i was doing it). I uninstalled preclear and tried to set the freshly precleared disk as a parity. But it still constantly crashes while building the parity and then has to start from the beginning. 

Fix common problems, has also bugged out about hardware errors and told me to install mcetools. I've done that, but i can't find the logs to determine what hardware is the cause.

Here's the newest syslog. 

syslog