Games crashing with Both VMS in use

MattB

Hey guys,

I've been using my 2 Gamers 1 CPU build for a while now with fair success. When it's just myself using one VM gaming, all is well for the most part. You can hardly tell the difference vs. bare metal, minus a small decrease in performance.  However, when I have both VMs in game, crashes seem to be persistent. Usually between 40-60 percent chance of a crash on one VM or the other.  Ive already got a 2nd PC build lined out to build in the coming months with other plans for my Unraid license, but I'm looking to see if there's any quick fixes I could try that may help my stability in the meantime. I'll include a list of my components down below.

Intel i7 8700k pinned 50/50 per VM.

ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 Mobo

32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, 12gb in one VM, 16gb in other VM

Corsair AX1200 PSU

EVGA GTX 1060 6gb SSC

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti

2 WD Black Nvme 500gb SSDs

2 Unique USB Cards, each passed through to a VM.

Thanks for the help!

I originally assigned 12gb ram per, but was trying different things in attempt to resolve it. I do have all cores assigned though. I attempted to leave 2 cores/threads to Unraid but the VMs were pretty much unusable this way.
Yeah, you definitely need to leave at least core 0 open asking with some ram for unraid to use.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk