[SOLVED] New build - IP address not set

JJNBt

I have not been able to to connect to the set up screen for unraid since it has been giving me self assign ips 169.xxx.xxx.xxx. I first thought it was my USB so I got a different one from the recommended hardware a sony storage media, the first one was the kingston traveler. I was still getting the same self assigned ip. A friend of mine told me that maybe its because my mobo nic has no support,  So I bought a new nic that is in the recommended list an still its giving me self assign ips. I turn off bonding which then started giving me  "ip address not set" I even turn off DHCP and gave it a static ip and I still getting "ip address not set."

any help will be appreciated.

-unraid ver 6.7.2-

asrock EP2C602

G174P Dell Intel Pro/1000 PT PCI-E Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Card

here is diagnostics 

tower-diagnostics-20131216-1015.zip

Edited by JJNBt
Title change

C:\Users\JJNBt>ping 192.168.1.199

Pinging 192.168.1.199 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.201: Destination host unreachable.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.199:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss),

So after looking after the invalid gate I looked inside the network file and my router to see what static ip I gave it looks like I gave it the wrong Ip an the netmask was wrong as well so I correct that. now that the ip is correct I am still unable to connect.

Yes i am able to connect IPMI, I am currently trying to find out on what port it is under. So are you thinking that IPMI and unraid on conflicting on ports?

Do you have any recommendations to finding the  ports associated to ip?

Edited by JJNBt
asking question
2 minutes ago, JJNBt said:

Yes i do have another port available. I will connect the other port to the router. I won't be able to give an update until IPMI firmware updates. Unless i don't need to restart the motherboard

I do not know the motherboard but I suspect just plugging in the other port may well be enough.