Leoyzen

[KERNEL]custom build kernel 5.2.7 for latest Ryzen 3000 and X570 sensors suppport and r8125 driver

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Posted (edited)

Hi I just build a kernel to support X570 motherboard (mine is msi x570 ace) and latest AMD Ryzen 2 3000 family CPU.

The kernel version is 5.2.7 with AMD patches from AMD Ryzen 3000 series - Linux support and virtualization.

Fix:

1. x570 pci vfio bug
  2. AMD Ryzen CPU suppport for k10temp
  3. newest nct6775 driver for most X570 sensors(many mb use nct6797 as SUPER/IO)
  4. Realtek r8125 NIC driver
  5. and other features comes with linux-kernel-5.2.7( such as coffeelake igpu support and etc.

The board sensors works fine (nct6775 and k10temp).

You can use it also for whom has problem (such as driver not support by  4.19.56 which unraid current used)  to see if it helps.

The unraid works fine for me but I'm not garuantee works for all of you, TAKE YOUR OWN RISK to use the kernel.

(PS: I try to backport AMD and sensors support for the kernel Unraid 6.7 used but failed)

If you have problem with this kernel, comment below and I'll see if I can give help

image.thumb.png.60e6c4c93a9591fc2419f2cfa2a506b7.png

image.thumb.png.9d51cab2895e33c1deec609187250115.png

boot-5.2.7_20190812.zip

Edited by Leoyzen

Thanks. I have a 2700x but if I move up to 3000 series and that bios bug is still around with my motherboard I may just have to try it out. 

Just sad that Linux-Server.io doesn't incorporate this to the Unraid-NVIDIA plugins they create, that would make it so much easier.   I don't want to compile anything, and don't want to lose my Hardware Transcoding that is possible with the Unraid-NVIDIA build, so i'm stuck until LimeTech upgrade the Kernel on the regular Unraid I suppose.

Hi! Do I have to replace the Kernel or is it possible to rename them - and add it to the Unraid startmenu?

Thanks ... never done this before, that's why I'm asking

15 hours ago, sturmstar said:

Hi! Do I have to replace the Kernel or is it possible to rename them - and add it to the Unraid startmenu?

Thanks ... never done this before, that's why I'm asking

First, rename bzimage and bzmodules in /boot to backup the stock kernel;

Then unzip the archive to /boot/

Finally reboot your machine.

I try to add an entry in startmenu but I don't know how to specify the bzmodule to load