NAS setup

Nanobug

Hello unRAID community.

I'm looking for a case I can use for a NAS. I have a few requirements, I will list those below, and some I'm looking for guidance for.

Case requirements:

Dust filters

Silent

I cant decide what amount of drives I'm going to need.

I was thinking as many as possible within the case.

I've looked into 

DARK BASE PRO 900 rev 2. (be quiet)

SILENT BASE 801 (be quiet)

I've looked at other cases as well, I just can't remember them all.

There's a few cases I don't wanna go with, since I'm also looking a bit at aesthetics, but I'm willing to compromise if needed.

I can also use my old Antec Twelve Hundred (original version), which has a lot of space for drives.

I need to replace the fans, since they're really loud, but otherwise, it has like 12 drive bays or something like that, so I'm thinking of using that case.

So what is your question? Not too clear what you are after.

If you are asking whether you should get either of the 2 you looked into vs the old Antec 1200 then I say stick with your Antec 1200 and change the fans. That would be cheaper and there's really no reason to replace a case unless you actually have a problem with it.

Edited by testdasi
26 minutes ago, testdasi said:

So what is your question? Not too clear what you are after.

If you are asking whether you should get either of the 2 you looked into vs the old Antec 1200 then I say stick with your Antec 1200 and change the fans. That would be cheaper and there's really no reason to replace a case unless you actually have a problem with it.

What case I should go for. I don't mind spending money on a case, I just don't want to buy the wrong one.

21 minutes ago, testdasi said:

That's why it's better to upgrade what you have instead of buying new. Case reviews are plenty on the web but unless you actually have it, there's no way to know the quirks and nuances.

I see.

Well, guess the old DDR3 system will be used as a NAS/Media Server then!

Thanks again!