[Solved] Warn that 'New Config' will clear Docker config

I forgot to un-assign a drive before swapping it out for a new one, and to clear up my mess used 'Tools > New Config' to reset my array with a valid Parity drive. I'm not sure this was necessarily the right way to do this (it might have been overly dramatic)!

However, I was surprised that this also cleared out my Docker config and I had to set up my containers again.

Could you consider adding some warning text on the 'Tools > New Config' page to say that this will happen?

Edited by JamieK

Only reason I can see that happening is if your docker.img file was on the drive you unassigned...  But hard to say without knowing the full chain of events

7 minutes ago, JamieK said:

I had to set up my containers again

Worst case if the docker image got erased, all you have to do is go to Apps, Previous Apps.  Check everything off and have a coffee.  When you're done they're all installed without you having to set anything up again.

20 minutes ago, JamieK said:

I forgot to un-assign a drive before swapping it out for a new one, and to clear up my mess used 'Tools > New Config' to reset my array with a valid Parity drive. I'm not sure this was necessarily the right way to do this (it might have been overly dramatic)!

However, I was surprised that this also cleared out my Docker config and I had to set up my containers again.

Could you consider adding some warning text on the 'Tools > New Config' page to say that this will happen?

There is no warning because New Config does not clear out Docker containers.    You need to lose the docker.img file for that to happen.    As was mentioned the docker config settings for installed containers is still available via Apps->Previous Apps.

• 2 weeks later...