Moving a bunch of hdd from different controllers

Soo im itching in my fingers to get started with unraid. the problem is that i havent gotten my controller cards yet.

I've cleared three out of the 10 hdds i have so far but i cant do any more as i need to empty the other ones to my unraid system first.

How much of a mess is it to use the onboard s-ata controller to  connect all my 10 hdds, then when i get the IBM 1015 with IT-mode i just replugg all the disc over to that controller. Would i get a mess since several disc will be unallocated at the same time or is it easy to just "reselect" position for  them in setup?

Soo im itching in my fingers to get started with unraid. the problem is that i havent gotten my controller cards yet.

I've cleared three out of the 10 hdds i have so far but i cant do any more as i need to empty the other ones to my unraid system first.

How much of a mess is it to use the onboard s-ata controller to  connect all my 10 hdds, then when i get the IBM 1015 with IT-mode i just replugg all the disc over to that controller. Would i get a mess since several disc will be unallocated at the same time or is it easy to just "reselect" position for  them in setup?

Do you have 10 SATA ports on your motherboard?

unRAID tracks disks by serial number, not by SATA port location whether on the MB or an HBA.  I recently moved four of my disks from MB SATA ports to a Dell H310 HBA and all it involves is moving the cables.

You don't even need to worry about connecting empty/unallocated disks now, just add them to the array later whether that is on an MB SATA port or the M1015

The slots you see when building your array do not correspond to any particular SATA port order.  Even the sdX assignment for each disk does not really matter and does not correspond to any particular array slot.

The only thing that matters is which serial number is assigned to each array slot.