X570, Zen2 and unRAID

My Ryzen 3600 and Asrock X570 Pro4 with 16GB ECC RAM is due to arrive today, and i am planning to retire my ancient Supermicro X8ST3-F and Xeon X5680

System has been amazing, but was crawling when SabNZB was unzipping large files, so i thought its time to upgrade

I know there have been some issues on AMD hardware with first gen Zen, but is anyone running a 3rd Gen chip on X570 yet?

Just as an update

I switched my main unRAID server to the Ryzen 5 3600 with 16GB of ECC RAM, and its been absolutely phenomenal

No issues at all on the Asrock X570 Pro4 board, and it was the most painless upgrade i've ever done, thanks to unRAID

The performance increase from this CPU cannot be understated when unzipping and repairing large files

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/19/2019 at 4:50 PM, sdamaged said:

I switched my main unRAID server to the Ryzen 5 3600 with 16GB of ECC RAM, and its been absolutely phenomenal

On 11/26/2020 at 8:28 PM, nukem492 said:

I just ordered this board to upgrade my AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400 rig that's 12 years old...  Bought a 2700X last Christmas for $170 and finally getting around to this upgrade.

Hi!

Did any of you checked if ECC support worked on that board?