Roon docker, unRaid Roon support, "steefdebruijn/docker-roonserver"

A few weeks ago it seemed when I did  "update all" from my ipad, that it did NOT update the core (core = Unraid Tower with Roon container).  My ipad is nagging today that I should update my core which is currently 1.8 build 952, so I am going to try "update all" from my remote ipad and see if it works and watch closely what happens.

Ok, I clicked "update all" and nothing happened for about 50 seconds, then it said trying to update core but cannot find core, then quickly changed to the moving icon that shows roon is working, and the working icon ran for roughly 2 minutes.  After that it seems to be running normal except for the spinning indicator that it is working in the background, which is OK as I can use it when it does that.  I checked "about" and yes, it did update to 1.8 build 970.  

CONCLUSION

You can "update all" from your remote (like everyone has said), but you may need to be patient twice, and ignore when it briefly says it cannot find the core.  

• Like 1
On 6/4/2022 at 7:55 PM, chillr said:

on restarting the docker it consumes 1.4GB of ram and continues to creep up.

If I recall correctly, there are settings in unraid and/or in containers, that cause your problem, and it is not specific to any particular container.  So maybe also check in the more general forums.

Edited by xrqp

Here we go: Netdata and cAdvisor Dockercontainers

And from @Squid

Or even CA's resource monitor will tell you how much RAM an app is using.

Without setting any memory limitations, any particular docker app has access and can use if it wants all available RAM in the machine (ie: every thing not specifically allocated to a VM)

To limit the memory usage of any docker app to a specific size, add this to the extra parameters section of the app:

-m 1024m

will limit the app to only allow it to use 1G memory  (I use this on NZBGet as during an unpacking operation it can and will use every iota of memory available to it, which tends to trash the entries that cache_dirs creates

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you with both ROON AND EMBY containers:

After every update of Emby, I always need to delete the port assignment 1900 for DNLA, by clicking the Remove button.  Only then will Emby container start.

Here is what it looks like before clicking the top Remove button:

image.thumb.png.d296f8827e991d74079335c73d8ac106.png

Thankfully Emby does not update as often as Roon.

Edit:  I found this in Emby.  I will UNcheck it with the hope that the next update it does not create the port 1900 mapping for DNLA.

image.png

Edited by xrqp
19 hours ago, xrqp said:

Edit:  I found this in Emby.  I will UNcheck it with the hope that the next update it does not create the port 1900 mapping for DNLA.

The application itself cannot make changes to the container template. The template content is up to the publisher of the template, and you can override update changes with an edit to your local template. I forget what exactly needs to change, but a good search should reveal what you need.

@xrqp when you’re adding containers, they won’t start if another container is using the same port. If you don’t need DLNA on the Roon Docker, you should either

A) remove it from the container (make sure that selection sticks through reboots) OR

B) change the port assigned to DLNA on the Docker settings page to something that won’t interfere with anything else (7490526). Then just ignore it.

On 6/30/2022 at 4:06 AM, dkerlee said:

If you don’t need DLNA on the Roon Docker, you should either

A) remove it from the container (make sure that selection sticks through reboots) OR

B) change the port assigned to DLNA on the Docker settings page to something that won’t interfere

I cannot find any settings for DLNA in the Roon container settings (where it says "Update Container" in the top left).

Nor if i go to Settings/Docker (where it says "Docker" in the top left).

Edited by xrqp
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to reverse proxy the Roon web display?

I want to do this so I can have Home Assistant display the Roon Web Display on some devices and it requires HTTPS. I have Authelia in front with two factor and allowing bypass on local network. I just get the Roon logo and the "display" doesn't show in Roon, so I think I am missing something in the Swag config :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 12:38 PM, xthursdayx said:

As others have said, updating your CORE via Roon running on another system (PC, Mac, or Linux {via Wine}) works perfectly at this point.

Maybe my problem is I tried "update all" from ipad.  So I tried it from Roon remote on my desktop PC.  And it worked!  Took about 5 minutes.  The core went from build 988 to 1021.  The PC remote went from 952 to 1021.

Next time I will test ipad "update all" more carefully, but so far I think it does not update the Unraid Core. 

I wish they did updates once per 12 months.  I never cared about the Roon updates and what they improved, beyond once per year.  About once a year it seemed noticeable.  

Edited by xrqp
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As of this morning (I did not check yesterday but was working fine Sunday) I am unable to access my core.  The container is stopped and will not start and logs the following.  Not sure if this is due to the 2.0 Roon update?

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (104): Connection reset by peer
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource<System.Int32>.GetResult(Int16 token)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask`1.ValueTaskSourceAsTask.<>c.<.cctor>b__4_0(Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskToApm.End[TResult](IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Sooloos.RnetJsonClient.<>c__DisplayClass65_0.<_BeginRead>b__0(IAsyncResult ar)

1 hour ago, umax said:

It went smooth on my side, updated as usual, I just need to figure out the port forwarding now for the ARC in order to ba able to stream music from outside

Did you update via the roon client or will this require an update via docker?  Very interested in ARC 2.0 but want to make sure I update properly.  Thanks!

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, dkerlee said:

@Twinkie0101 Just like we've been doing the whole time, via Roon Client. You will have to add some port forwarding details to your docker template. I modified post #1 to reflect those changes. Do a little digging on roonlabs.com, and their forums, then post here if you have any issues. Related to Roon ARC. ;)

Yes, update went smoothly and your example for the port assignment helped. Took almost no time.

Thanks for an excellent container!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, dkerlee said:

@umax there are good resources here:https://community.roonlabs.com/c/support/port-forwarding-resources/104

and here:

https://portforward.com/how-to-port-forward/

If you run into additional problems, post over at the community roonlabs forum and they can help you out. Or maybe I'll help you out over there!

Thank you, got it through by opening ports as per your edit on 1st page! My favourite docker on unraid! Roon rules, now on the go!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Roon makes my hard drive work too much.  I also posted this at Roon Labs Community.

Roon Core Machine: Unraid w docker for Roon core, Intel i7-7700T, 16GB ram.  3TB of music.

Description of Issue:

My hard drive is working hard day and night for weeks. I am not playing music or adding music. I think it is going to wear out my hard drive much faster than normal use. I stopped the Roon docker and the problem stopped. I updated to Roon latest 2.0x about two weeks ago. But I also had the problem before that. Is this how Roon normally works?