Roon docker, unRaid Roon support, "steefdebruijn/docker-roonserver"

Roon site told me to not run the database on a hard drive, and it should be run on SSD.   I replied:

No. I am not saying the Roon database is running on hard drive. I checked my Roon docker container settings and the music is on hard drive but the app is on SSD cache. Here is info about the folder for Roon app on cache:

image.png.58542f5f894df3ccbe3d683f893f2f44.png

When Roon 2 came out, did it require reading the music files again? Why is Roon thrashing my hard drive(s)?

My Roon container is set like this:

image.png

My appdata share is set to cache "Prefer".

Roon says I have 135,000 tracks. Lately I do not hear the thrashing. Maybe it was related to update to Roon 2, and maybe the worst is over.

Edited by xrqp
  • 2 weeks later...

After all these days, it still seems like Roon works the hard drives much more than any other program or container.  Can it be the container settings do not use the cache correctly? My share "appdata" is the one I try to have on cache.  I have:

image.png.a5083768a83d44b3c05c548e1d4af2ce.png

For the container settings I have:

image.png

Edited by xrqp
  • 10 months later...

On my Windows PC I have problems accessing Unraid server shares, often to be able to access the shares I have to click several times on the server icon before it opens. Investigating the problem I noticed that if instead of using the name of the server (Tower) I use the IP address this opens immediately. In the Unraid server log I found this warning:

"WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended."

lsof -i -P -n | grep 5353

and I have this reply:

avahi-dae 15225  avahi   14u  IPv4 3572990      0t0  UDP *:5353 
RoonAppli 20514   root  280u  IPv4 1883480      0t0  UDP *:5353 
RoonAppli 20514   root  282u  IPv4 1883482      0t0  UDP *:5353 
RoonAppli 20514   root  284u  IPv4 1883484      0t0  UDP *:5353 

It therefore seems that Roon's docker creates an incompatibility with avahi's mDNS. Unfortunately I am not so experienced as to understand how to solve this problem. Any help? Thank you.-

Edited by Flavio61