Not Booting to WebGUI

After installing a video card and trying to get it to work on a VM the server shutdown and then wouldn't book back to the GUI. I ran the diagnostics and have attached the zip file to the post. Any help is appreciated. 

It looks like I have nothing in the config files, but I am not sure if that is normal for the diagnostics.

Edited by a_bomb
Resolved
1 hour ago, a_bomb said:

It looks like I have nothing in the config files, but I am not sure if that is normal for the diagnostics.

It means the config files could not be accessed because the flash drive was inaccessible. And syslog indicates it didn't even get to the point of launching the webUI.

Put flash in your PC and let it checkdisk. While there take a backup. Try again, make sure you use a USB2 port, USB3 ports are often unreliable for the boot device.

I did put it in earlier and let it go through repair disk. I didnt take a backup though. Put the drive back and same thing. 

Just ran the chkdsk on the flash drive and Windows found no problems. Made the backup. Put drive back in server and no change. 

Edited by a_bomb

If I use the same flash drive, and go through the creation tool again and then import my backup I won't be charged another license fee right? I just used up the usb transfer to change to this smaller drive so the larger one wouldn't accidentally get broken off on the back of the computer. 

8 minutes ago, a_bomb said:

I won't be charged another license fee right?

Correct. Your license is good indefinitely. You only get one automatic transfer to a different flash drive per year, but should you have an issue before the year is up, you can email limetech and they will take care of you.

The license key file is tied to the physical drive, as long as you keep that key file, it's registered. Doesn't matter what you do to the rest of the files on the drive, format it, whatever, as long as you put the same key file back in the config folder, it's fine.

11 minutes ago, a_bomb said:

I just used up the usb transfer to change to this smaller drive so the larger one wouldn't accidentally get broken off on the back of the computer. 

That may not have been the best move long term, physically larger drives seem to last longer. It would have been better to get a cable to mount the USB inside the case and attach to the motherboard's IDC header.

Something like this or similar. https://www.newegg.com/startech-usbmbadapt-usb-a-female-to-usb-motherboard-4-pin-header/p/N82E16812200294