Array suddenly read only

Not sure what happened but the array is suddenly read only. Last night I did a move from the cache drive to the array and this morning it is read only. I did stop the array and started again but still don't understand the issue.

One further comment: I used "Unassigned devices" plugin to mount a disk, used rsync to copy the data to the array media share, and had the cache enabled. I ended up with all directories but only some of them had content after the mover script moved the data from the cache drive to the array. This is pretty disappointing so I just disabled the cache drive for this share. Nevertheless I don't understand why it behaved that way.

Any help getting the array back to read and write is massively appreciated.

tower-diagnostics-20190817-0244.zip

If you did not specifically make sure to preserve permissions when using rsync then it is highly likely you messed them up.

The fix will be to run Tools->New Permissions on any shares that are exhibiting this problem.    If you have the Fix Common Problems plugin installed you can use the ‘Docker Safe’ version of this tool, and if not make sure you do NOT run it against the appdata share.

Thank you, will check and report back. I am sure it is permissions which would be a bummer since I used the rsync command from another command here on the board:

rsync -aHAXvhW --no-compress --progress --info=progress2 --stats /source/ /mnt/user/media/ & disown

Only thing I added was disown since it enables me to disconnect cli after initiated.