Plex Docker keeps crashing almost every day

Plex Docker keeps crashing almost every day, and i need to reboot server to start Plex docker again.

if i don't reboot server it's saying  it cant start plex docker.

don't think every docker image that crash  tho because tautulli keeps running. 

tried official Plex image (i use linux server Plex image) just adding some files but it crashed after about 1 hour.

was realy hoping that i would not need to start from scratch, cause i have matched much media myself and found covers.

adding log from server.

smal-nas-diagnostics-20190817-1019.zip

I would suspect that you are using Unraid's RAM disk to store the files that Plex is generating.  You should check that all the storage paths begin with   /mnt/   as that is where all of HD's and SSD's are mounted onto the file system. 

If they don't, you are storing them on the RAM disk which size in your case is less than 8GB.   

Your Diagnostics file is from just after a reboot so the only useful information that it contains at this point is that you are running 6.7.2.  You really need to try to get Diagnostics before you reboot.  

If you can't get the Diagnostics file after the problem occurs, you can setup the 'Syslog Server' (  Settings   >>>   Syslog Server   )  to mirror the syslog to your flash drive.  Unraid's  'Help' system will provide information on how-to set it up and where the file is stored.  Be sure to get the file off before you reboot. 

Hi, not using RAM drive, only shared ssd just for this.

i have switched on  mirroring of the syslog.

so posting it as soon as the server is failing.

adding a picture of my Plex setup.

i am mounting a couple of shares off another server. but problem still occurs when i don't.

Tnx for the help :D

plex.jpg

Unfortunately, these paths are not on a Physical Disk.  

1779207626_Annotation2019-08-17091521.jpg.4eb193ba5b52867b6da048b15a1d70aa.jpg

The path has to be on one to a physical device.  Typically, the path would be a device similar to on like this:  /mnt/cache/  or   /mnt/disk1/   or /mnt/user/  or   /mnt/user0/ 

Basically, you can see the mounted physically devices with the following command in a terminal session:

ls -al /mnt/

Its output will look like this: 

root@Rose:~# ls -al /mnt/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  9 root   root  180 Aug  6 10:58 ./
drwxr-xr-x 18 root   root  400 Aug 11 09:33 ../
drwxrwxrwx  4 nobody users  58 Aug 11 02:30 cache/
drwxrwxrwx  5 nobody users  75 Aug 11 02:30 disk1/
drwxrwxrwx  4 nobody users  33 Aug 11 02:30 disk2/
drwxrwxrwx  4 nobody users  33 Aug 11 02:30 disk3/
drwxrwxrwx  4 nobody users  33 Aug 11 02:30 disk4/
drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users  58 Aug 11 02:30 user/
drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users  75 Aug 11 02:30 user0/

Any of these are paths to a physical device.  The  /mnt/user/  and the  /mnt/user0/  point to the User Shares.  

BTW, it is not a good idea to use a device mounted with the Unassigned Devices plugin for a Docker App because if the device is missing/not-mounted, the directory will be created in the RAM disk. 

Edited by Frank1940

There is nothing wrong with mapping a path to a UD mounted share (I do it all the time).  It works perfectly, and is how the system is designed to work.  But, this is subject to the remote server being on 24/7  If it's not then it is not a good idea to do.

I would suspect however that the issue here is actually that the /config mapping in the template (Show More Settings) is /mnt/user/appdata/Plex...  Change it to /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex...  

Both servers are on 24/7.

This have worked for 2 years.

The weird thing is i can not Re cal doing Anny changes to the server, except swapping out a bad drive w a new.

But the shares are working fine. Only Plex. And both Plex linuxserv and Plex officale. 

Edited by chFresh
  • 3 weeks later...