Share not using cache drive

lign

Looks like you fixed this:

Aug 17 17:40:05 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Cache Floor Size (calculated to 204800000000 bytes) is larger than your cache drive (128035643392 bytes)

But you should reboot your server and try everything again just to eliminate any remnants of this

Looks like Squid has gotten to the bottom of it. I had actually missed that in your syslog so go ahead and do as he says.

You have several other things misconfigured though. Your syslog has these from Fix Common Problems:

Aug 17 17:52:01 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Default docker appdata location is not a cache-only share
Aug 17 17:52:01 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Plugin community.applications.plg is not up to date
Aug 17 17:52:06 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application PlexMediaServer has moderator comments listed

Updating Community Applications is simple enough, and you should.

I am guessing the warning about your Plex is because you are using the limetech plex docker, which isn't supported anymore. We can deal with that one later if you want.

You actually have appdata as cache-yes. That is definitely wrong. It is simpler if it is cache-only, but you currently have some of its data on the array, so you will have to set it to cache-prefer so we can get that moved.

You have the system share as cache-prefer, but it has some data on the array also. I expect it has put your docker image on disk1 because you had your cache Minimum Free set too high. The best way to fix that is going to be deleting docker image and recreating it. Then you can add your docker back exactly as it was using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page.

You also have a share, anonymized to 't--t' which is set to cache-only. You should consider the reason you have for setting that to cache-only. Since you have such a small cache I recommend not caching anything except your appdata, domains, and system shares. But if you have a good reason to keep that on cache, and it won't be taking much space, it may be OK.

You have several other shares set to cache-yes, but as mentioned, your cache isn't very big. You might want to consider not caching those, or get a larger cache. It might be OK as long as you don't run out of room for your appdata, but plex can definitely grow.

So, after rebooting as Squid suggested and updating Community Applications:

1. Go to Settings - Docker, disable the Docker Service, and Delete the docker image.
  2. Go to Shares - User Shares and set your appdata share to cache-prefer.
  3. Go to Main - Array Operations and Move Now. Wait for it to complete.

After that post a new Diagnostic so we can check before we go on to getting docker going again.

Hi, I rebooted the sever but it gives me the same error "shfs: share cache full". 

14 minutes ago, Squid said:

Aug 17 17:40:05 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Cache Floor Size (calculated to 204800000000 bytes) is larger than your cache drive (128035643392 bytes)

This error only show up when I try to make the size of min. free space on cache drive in global share settings bigger.

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

You also have a share, anonymized to 't--t' which is set to cache-only...

The share "t--t" is not in use I only created it for testing purposes to determine if I can even put any data on the cache drive.

tower-diagnostics-20190817-1818.zip

15 minutes ago, lign said:

This error only show up when I try to make the size of min. free space on cache drive in global share settings bigger.

Why are you trying to make it bigger when it is already too large?    I think it should be more like 10-20% of the current setting.

9 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Why are you trying to make it bigger when it is already too large?    I think it should be more like 10-20% of the current setting.

Currently the size is set to default value. I only changed that value to test things nothing more.  

4 minutes ago, lign said:

When I reset the settings it fills in the value "2000000" witch is 2MB as it sean in the table below if you turn on help.

OK.    The general rule of thumb is ‘at least as large as the largest file you want cached’ for any share that has Use Cache set to Yes.   I have mine set to 20GB but I have a much larger cache drive.   With a small cache drive another option is to only use the cache for dockers and VMs (to maximise their performance) and bypass the cache for all media related files.

At the beginning everything worked fine on this set up, I don't know when this started because server was runing for over a year without any kind of problems. I notice this problem after i added 2 more hdd to the system and i had a problem whit the power supply nod being good. Even if I try to make the size bigger than default it gives me that error even if I only add a zero to the end witch is then only 20MB a lot smaller then max cache size. But what doesn't make sense is when it gives me an error the calculated size of the min space is at 204800000000 bytes (204.8GB) and I only set it for 20MB.        

2 minutes ago, lign said:

I changed the value to 20GB and it still gives me same error "shfs: share cache full", but now I don't get an error for wrong min. cache size.

Just to confirm though.  Did you delete the docker.img file and then change the size?  Lowering the size without deleting the file does nothing.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Just to confirm though.  Did you delete the docker.img file and then change the size?  Lowering the size without deleting the file does nothing.

His docker image was already 20G. But, the system share still has contents on the array, so either he didn't delete it, or he recreated it (a step I meant to leave for later) and it wound up back on the array.

@lign Try again

5 hours ago, trurl said:
  1. Go to Settings - Docker, disable the Docker Service, and Delete the docker image.
  2. Go to Shares - User Shares and set your appdata share to cache-prefer.
  3. Go to Main - Array Operations and Move Now. Wait for it to complete.

After that post a new Diagnostic so we can check before we go on to getting docker going again.

Your most recent diagnostic showed some files from system still on the array, but that shows all of it on cache. With all the cache-prefer or only shares on cache and all other shares on the array, there is nothing for mover to do.

I assume you are getting that error when trying to write to the test share? What happens if you set Minimum Free for cache to zero?

6 minutes ago, trurl said:

I assume you are getting that error when trying to write to the test share? What happens if you set Minimum Free for cache to zero?

I created test share to test if I can even write any data on to cache and it works. 

I also tested iso share and it work. The only difference between "iso" share and "podatki" share ("podatki" share was the one giving me an error) was the min. free space setting, so I changed the setting in "podatki" share from 1TB to 20GB and now it works fine.