PCIe USB Card Not Shown in VM Settings

I sort of got this figured out. I manually added the card by editing the XML.

Now I'm trying to get the video card working. I had it working a long time ago. It's a Gigabyte Radeon 7850. Without doing the vbios Windows boots but I get nothing on the screen. Device Manager shows that it can't start. If I insert the vbios which I downloaded from Gigabyte it won't boot at all.

This has kind of turned into something different. It appears that I'm having trouble with my USB card. It is an Etron 2 port USB 3.0 card. When I have that card attached to my VM it either doesn't boot or takes forever to boot. When it does eventually boot the card has an error in the Device Manager. It boots fine with just the Radeon HD 7850 and it's audio passed though. What's weird is this card was working for a bit. I haven't been able to shut down and reboot my entire Unraid system to see if that fixes it.

Is this Etron card fine or would there be a better card to get for pass through? Attached my diagnostics while trying to boot my vm with the USB card attached.

unraid-diagnostics-20190818-0130.zip

You say that you had to add the card by editing xml. It is easier if you stub it in the syslinux.conf then you can add in webui under other pci device

add this to your syslinux file after the initrd=/bzroot then reboot the server and you will see the usb card in the vm template.

vfio-pci.ids=1b6f:7023

add this by on main tab clicking on flash the you will see the syslinx.conf and edit it adding the above and will look a bit like below

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot vfio-pci.ids=1b6f:7023

I am not sure about the usb card that you have but dont see why it wouldnt work as it it in its own iommu group.

You would be better posting this in the vm section of the forum as more people will see it there who may be able to help.

@SpaceInvaderOne Thank you so much. That seems to have worked. I also updated the BIOS on this video card I have. It's a Gigabyte GV-R785OC-1GD Radeon HD 7850. The original BIOS apparently had no UEFI support. The version available on their website indicates a UEFI BIOS and I can now see the OVMF boot screen. Before I'd get no signal until Windows booted.

I can now hot plug USB devices to my heart's content. I have a USB 3.0 hub on order to make things easier.