Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS (am I fubar'd?)

Hello All,

So, here's how it starts.

So i finally decided to update my main server to 6.7.2 from 6.6.6. I have a 2nd server and its running 6.7.2 and its been working fine (its more or less a test/backup unit), but regardless, its been working without issues. So i stopped my dockers, clicked the update and went through the motions of updating. It all seems to be ok, several minutes later i checked the server and it came up to the gui splash screen on the physical unit and i was able to login via my main pc. Great, no worries right? Well not so much, my plex was not working. After going through the settings several time i found that i needed to update the Nvida driver for hardware transcending add-on. So i removed the extra paths in the docker and was able to get plex working again. It nearly gave me a heart attack, thinking of recreating the folders/users with all the movies/tv shows on plex again. So i should have stopped there... but i'm an idiot and decided to continue on... its only a driver update right? whats the harm, right? So clicked on the 6.7.2 Nvidia driver waited for it to say "restart system" then proceeded to reboot.

After 15 minutes, i finally went to check on it and found that it had an error. So i restarted it again manually, and the OS prompt left it alone and it came back with this "End trace" (SS attached). Not understanding fully what it meant, i restarted it again and this time selected "GUI /w no plugins". it finally landed on the "Kernel panic" (ss attached). I crossed my fingers and restarted it one last time, but and selected " no GUI or plugins" and still got the same "Kernel panic".

Am i fubar'd? or is there a way to recover this?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Kernel_Panic.jpg

End_Trace.jpg

Ok, i've fixed it.

I copied the original Unraid USB to a pc. Then on another usb, formatted it using the Unraid tool loading 6.7.2 on it. Then posted it in the server to verify it would boot cleanly it did. It showed my HDD's in there order, but would not start as the pro key was assigned to the original USB. I then shut it down, copied the OS portion (leaving the config folder alone) of the new USB onto the original USB, the posted it back up (but not before modifying the GUI boot in syslinux). 

Fingers crossed, it all looks good atm. Hope this helps anyone else who might have this issue in the future.