New Hardware. Problem with Sleep (Suspend to Ram)

Hi everybody,

EDIT: The WOL Problem is solved. The Sleep problem is still open!

i have new Mainboard, Ram and CPU in my Server and some little Troubles.

Mainboard: Gigabyte X370 Gaming K3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Ram: 16GB DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti

Iam running Unraid Version: 6.6.6

The problem what i have is, the server didnt go to Sleep. The LED from Mouse and Keyboard go off for only 1 second.

The next thing is, WOL dosent work. At the Bios its activated, but when i look via terminal "ethtool eth0" there is no WOL Entry.

i think it did not work, because the Mainboard dosent support WOL from S5 (no link active). So if i can fix the Sleep Problem, the WOL problem is solving itself?

My old Mainboard (Intel S2600CO) dosent support Sleep, so i could not test it. But WOL works from S5 Mode.

Thanks for helping :)

edit: i tried Version 6.7.2 with same problem. i also tryed to initiate Sleep and pull off the network cable. Also the same. HDDs spinning down. LED from Keyboard/Mouse going off. Power LED is still runnung and one second later its up

Best regards

Martin

Edited by Paincookie

Does you enable suspend to RAM S3 in mainboard BIOS ?

22 hours ago, Paincookie said:

So if i can fix the Sleep Problem, the WOL problem is solving itself? 

No, they are two part. Pls note Unraid not offical support WOL. Pls found mainboard which network controller were realtek 8168, Intel i210 or Intel i219 and BIOS spec. support WOL.

Or add a LAN card for WOL if mainboard one not work.

Edited by Benson

Hi,

at the bios from the new mainboard, there is no direct Setting for suspend to ram. Maybe that means a regular consumer Mainboard dosent Support Suspend to Ram?

Ok The Gigabyte mainboard has a Rivet Networks Killer E2500 LAN Chip. 

the other Way to wake up the server would be a Raspi which is connected to the Power Button.

Hmm... maybe Ryzen isnt the right choice?

15 minutes ago, Paincookie said:

Maybe that means a regular consumer Mainboard dosent Support Suspend to Ram? 

Most mainboard should have this setting or name S3, may be further check mainboard menu to confirm this.

18 minutes ago, Paincookie said:

Raspi which is connected to the Power Button.

Thats good, but Rpi for this seem too heavy, some electronic products also can do this well, I use one which connect to WiFi with handset apps support for similar purpose, just ~usd5

15 minutes ago, Benson said:

Most mainboard should have this setting or name S3, may be further check mainboard menu to confirm this.

Thats good, but Rpi for this seem too heavy, some electronic products also can do this well, I use one which connect to WiFi with handset apps support for similar purpose, just ~usd5

I checked the bios few times and also the manual. I found nothing. But u will test it with a Windows.

For wake up i need something that works also from the internet via vpn connection.

35 minutes ago, Paincookie said:

But u will test it with a Windows. 

I also check the menu really no S3 setting. I have a Gigabyte B450 ITX board, the BIOS outlook also same as yours, it also no S3 setting too, but it can suspend to RAM under Windiws 10🤣

Edited by Benson
  • 2 weeks later...