[SOLVED] 10GBE/connection time out

JJNBt

Ok so... When ever I  set up my 10GBE, I seem to time out of my server. I connect to my system through eth1. after I did my parity process, I notice that I did not set my 10gbe with the ip x.x.x.20 I set up the other port that is on the motherboard with the ip x.x.x.20. So I turn off the parity once it was done and switched the information on the ports even the name eth2 clicked done and connection time out a few moments later. So I am stump can it be the 10gbe card which is a mellanox card is not supported or am I doing something wrong. A good thing I made a backup of my flash so most of my settings are ok hopefully i don't need to do another parity check.

Edited by JJNBt
Title changeV2

When looking at backup of unraid(so glad I did it) I notice that bonding members of bond0: eth0,eth2 and my bonding mode is at active backup (1). So I am changing ip of eth2 to x.x.x.197 since  eth0 is x.x.x.199. I also change bond0: (to just) eth0. so those changes made my connection time out.

eth0 Bonding was ON turned it OFF. Change ip from x.x.x.20 to x.x.x.197 for eth1. Once I entered new ip to the new eth2 I notice on mac address it tells me that interface is shutdown (inactive.) So applied change. My server seems to still be active. 

Once I started the array I lost connection to unraid.

just for fun I tried out x.x.x.197 ip, no luck