Transfer Rate

uByte

What is everyone getting on a gigabit network transfer rate when they transfer files to the there unraid server? I am getting about 60-90MB/s. I was thinking about getting a couple of 10GB PCIE SFP cards for my computer and the NAS. What are the best most inexpensive ones to go with?

5 hours ago, uByte said:

What is everyone getting on a gigabit network transfer rate when they transfer files to the there unraid server? I am getting about 60-90MB/s. I was thinking about getting a couple of 10GB PCIE SFP cards for my computer and the NAS. What are the best most inexpensive ones to go with?

Write speeds are more a function of disk IO and parity overhead than network speed.  Your speeds are normal and good if writing to a mechanical disk on a parity-protected array.  

A 10G network might help if you are trying to write to an NVMe or other fast SSD that has the capacity to exceed Gigabit network speeds, but, its not going to do anything for you with mechanical disks unless trying to write to a lot of them at once.

Edited by Hoopster

Can this setting be started and stopped at any time? For instance I trun it on and send a lot of data to the unraid and it would be beneficial to have the optimal performance. Then when I am done I can go back in the settings and turn it off.