APC UPS NO LOAD READING

So I decided to change my existing UPS an APC BE700G-UK 400w to an APC SMC1000i-2UC 600w as Im running more hardware now and I wanted the extra power.

I have always run my old UPS on the default settings of USB for ups cable and USB for ups type and would always get a load reading.

The new UPS which is the latest model of smart ups only has a display and a few buttons to change the display to volts or watt reading etc and will not show the load reading. Nominal power, ups load and ups load % just show a blank white line. I have read through the forums and it looks like a few users with this UPS are having issues. I don't get a NOMPOWER or LOAD reading at the bottom of the page and I have tried all the settings, smart, modbus etc. I can't find out of this UPS has modbus built in or if it has if it is turned off, so Im stumped. Its crazy that an £85 UPS works fine but a £550 one won't. Okay my server is very low power and doesn't show anything on the load LCD screen of the UPS or the smart ups software over the internet but APC said this is normal when you have a 600w UPS and are only drawing 50w maximum load, it needs to be higher than 10% load so the software will show that its drawing something.

Has anyone actually got this or the 1500i version of this ups to show a load screen. The smart ups software shows the firmware on the UPS as v3.5 and no updates are showing as available.

Edited by megalodon
change text

This model firmware v 03.5 is the latest according to APC tech support and the SMC UPS do not support modbus only SMT and SMX UPS models. None of the cable or UPS type settings make any difference.

this UPS is one week old and the latest model from APC manufactured in march this year.

Edited by megalodon
On 8/23/2019 at 12:20 AM, jonathanm said:

Keep in mind that unraid is simply using http://www.apcupsd.org/  to interface with the UPS. That software is apparently not very actively developed, you may get better results disabling the stock UPS handling and using the NUT plugin.

https://networkupstools.org/

Then again, it may not work at all, or give the same results. Shouldn't hurt to try though.

I tried NUT and this gives the same results, but thanks for the suggestion.