(SOLVED) Users section on dashboard?

gberg

The users section is where you can create users.

These users then can be assigned permissions as to wether or not they can access the various shares that you have on the server (should you want to do so.)

Also here you can set a password for the root user which is highly recommended.

After which to access the Unraid webui ssh etc you will need to enter the username root and password what you have set. 

The other users set up here will not have access to the webui etc their permissions are only used for the security setting for connecting to the shares.

Edit -- I really should read the question before answering!

Didn't see the dashboard part lol !!

1 hour ago, Kevek79 said:

This section shows the useres active on your unraid installation.

Active writes or reads via SMB/AFP/NFS should be shown here as they happen. (At least that is how I read and understand the screen).

When I let's say copy a large file from a PC on my LAN to my UNRAID it doesn't show anythin in the Userr section, if it is like you explain I should see a write for the user i performing the file copy?

But it does show as a stream in the Shares section.

Edited by gberg
3 hours ago, gberg said:

When I let's say copy a large file from a PC on my LAN to my UNRAID it doesn't show anythin in the Userr section, if it is like you explain I should see a write for the user i performing the file copy?

But it does show as a stream in the Shares section.

Thats not what I would have expected, so now I am as confused as u are.

I'm sorry, just tested this myself and recognized that it in fact does not show anything while writing to a share.

I really thought that it works the same way than in the shares section where you indeed see active connections to a share while writing to it via SMB.

My bad, sorry again (I have the section closed most of the time). 

Hopefully someone else can jump in here and shed some light on this. 

38 minutes ago, Squid said:

The reas / write on the dashboard shares section shows the number of shares the user has read or write access to

Ashamed to admit that I no longer live up to my teenage ethos of "it's better to burn out than fade away"

That doesn't seem to be right either. 

I have 5 users and on  some shares users have both read/write rights, and on other share they have only read rights.

But still there are only zeros in the write and read collumns of the Users section.

Is there something wrong with my UNRAID installation?

• 3 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 10:12 PM, Squid said:

The reas / write on the dashboard shares section shows the number of shares the user has read or write access to

Ashamed to admit that I no longer live up to my teenage ethos of "it's better to burn out than fade away"

On 8/22/2019 at 3:54 AM, Squid said:

It looks like a bug on latter versions of unRaid where it's not showing the numbers

Now after the 6.8.0 upgrade the number are there, and as you wrote it simply the mumber of share the users has read or write access to.

But a funny thing is that if a user have read/write access to shares it only shows as write on the users panel, shouldn't it show both in read and write collumns, or maybe that the collumns should be named read/write and read, because you can't setup only write access in UNRAID?