Switching out my CPU and MB and need advice.

I currently have a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU with an ASRock AB3540M PRO4 MicroATX and 16GB of Ram

My server keeps becoming unresponsive and requiring me to hard reboot.   I think its because the CPU is maxing out.

I am running plex SABNZDB, Sonarr and Radarr on it. 

So im thinking of getting 2 Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 Ten-Core Haswell Processor 2.3GHz CPUs but need some advice on what dual CPU MB would be good to match with it that wont break the bank. 

Appreciate the help

This can't be right, I had a G2020 with those apps (emby instead of plex). I ran up to 2 transcodes at the same time without issues.

The Ryzen 5 1600 is way more powerful....Could there be something else going on? something that causes pauses? Have you tried isolating the docker apps to only some of the cores and reserve a single core to always be open to handle unraid?

I just built a similar system except I used E5-2680v3.  So far it has been good. The IOMMU grouping is pretty good out of the box and I can use my GPU in the plex container without issues. 

I have had one time that samba went unresponsive, but I'm hoping that isn't a common occurrence.  I do wish the board had IPMI, but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

• 7 months later...