[Solved] Moving drives from one server to another

I've got 3 smaller, older drives (1 3TB and 2 2TB) that I've migrated all the data off of and have removed from my main server config. They're still physically in the box and connected to power & SATA.

After removing them, they'll go into my backup server, the 3TB will be the new parity drive and the 2TBs will be data drives replacing 1TB drives. Before I remove them, should I run pre-clears on any of them in preparation for moving into the new box? I'm not looking to test them for infant mortality, they're well past that, but to just zero them out.

As I type this, I don't think there's any need to. Doing the parity swap will overwrite everything on the 3TB drive as the new parity is written there, and doing the upgrade/swap will rebuild the 2TB drives with the existing data from the 1TB drives and zero everything beyond the data that exists on those drives. Am I thinking correctly on this now?

Edited by FreeMan