Unraid Hangs - Unassigned Devices hung & cannot stop array.

Hi All,

As the title says, I have encountered an issue where each morning, I log into Unraid to find Unassigned devices unresponsive.

Everything in the GUI and array is responsive, except the one disk mounted via unassigned devices and the GUI for unassigned devices. (just the loading animation).

The disk is being used by a VM to write to over night as a bit of a scratch disk.

I Also am unable to shutdown or reboot the server in this state, I am required to do a hard power off in order to restart everything.
I am worried doing this is going to cause problems pretty quickly.

Has anyone had this issue before?

I don't have an answer, but I just had a similar occurrence... I have an external USB drive in Unassigned Devices that isn't doing anything yet (I'm new to unRAID and slowly learning the ropes; it will likely eventually be passed through to a VM). Anyway I logged into the GUI, the Unassigned Devices just had the loading animation playing non-stop, and the CPU was maxed at 100%. Unplugging/re-plugging the external brought things back to normal.

I'm still planning my setup, so no big deal right now, but I'd like to know if there is something I need to do to keep it from happening.

3 hours ago, ddot said:

I don't have an answer, but I just had a similar occurrence... I have an external USB drive in Unassigned Devices that isn't doing anything yet (I'm new to unRAID and slowly learning the ropes; it will likely eventually be passed through to a VM). Anyway I logged into the GUI, the Unassigned Devices just had the loading animation playing non-stop, and the CPU was maxed at 100%. Unplugging/re-plugging the external brought things back to normal.

I'm still planning my setup, so no big deal right now, but I'd like to know if there is something I need to do to keep it from happening.

That sounds exactly the same as my issue.
CPU gets stuck at 100% and cant reboot the server. I will try unplugging the drive next time the issue occurs.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/21/2019 at 10:06 PM, Squid said:

All support threads can be found via the context menu when clicking on an app's icon, be that plugin or docker container.

Except when the link gets broken (my bad) and the plugin isn't updated for the new link.

1 hour ago, Rik Bignell said:

I also have the same issue. Does anyone have the link to the main thread please?

The UD support thread is pinned near the top of the Plugin Support subforum.