Create Multiple Partitions on a Single Drive in Unassigned Devices

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/23/2019 at 4:49 AM, BrianIsSecond said:

Does anyone know of a way to make multiple partitions on a single unassigned device? It's easy/standard to format for a single partition, but I would love to be able to create multiple partitions (e.g. xfs and btrfs). 

None such solution exists far as i can tell, was looking for the same. Only thing to do is to partition as needed using  Windows Disk management (used this since i'm primarily a windows user) then pass through the needed partitions. Do note to not use 3rd party softwares.

• JorgeB locked this topic
3 minutes ago, Kich902 said:

None such solution exists far as i can tell, was looking for the same. Only thing to do is to partition as needed using  Windows Disk management (used this since i'm primarily a windows user) then pass through the needed partitions. Do note to not use 3rd party softwares.

I believe it could be done from the command line on unRaid using gdisk for the partitioning and then the relevant mkfs variants for formatting.    Not exactly user friendly though :)   As you say much easier to do on another platform with friendlier tools.