Hello, newbie here. Triying to setup an Foxconn 1U Cloud Server 4x LFF (3.5")

crv74

Hi everyone,

i've been looking, reading and trying myself unraid lately.

I bought a Foxconn 1U Cloud Server 4x LFF (3.5") time ago and used it to test for VMs with SPhere and so...

I put 2x 8 Cores Xeons, 64Gb of RAM, a 300Gb 10.000 rpm SAS disk, and with the SFP+ 10G works like a charm.

With Unraid it's working fine with all my tests with 1 disc, my plan "was" to make a plain file server/nas.

I come from a 8Tb Synology 412+ (two bays, 1Gb Lan) and it's getting tight...

My surprise came when i threw a 8TB disc to test it, my plan was to put in there 4 or 6 like those, and its NOT even booting.

Gets stuck at "Press DEL F2 for setup. Press F8 for Bootloader..." but don't gets any further past there (gets freezed as if i click either F2, DEL or F8 Caps/lock don't change any more...).

Any suggestion or/desist idea is very welcome since i cannot find any useful info around.

Thanks in advance,

Carles

Thanks, i tried that yesterday twice and jsut now to confirm.

The BIOS don't pass to the boot option, it gets stuck on the menu, but neither F7 or DEL does anything far there.

I unplugged the 8TB HDD and goes as always to the USB stick normally as in my tests did.

I must be something regarding the "sata" "raid or just the huge "non supported" HDD

Keep in mind that the 300 Gb disc is present and always worked.

Thanks again!