I'd like to thank a user! SundarNET!

Paravane

@SundarNET Idk if you'll see this but I just ordered a LOT of hard drives off eBay. 10 new HP server SAS 2TB drives.

The drives are formatted into 520 block size because HP hates everyone but themselves. I couldn't get them to read but after a LOT of googling I found this users thread and his instructions helped a crap load. I have now added an extra 20TB of space to my shares. 

Thanks bud!

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, SundarNET said:

just finished adding a Dell MD1200 storage array to my server using a H200 HBA SAS card !!! I can now add 12 more SAS or SATA drives and it takes full size HDD's as well so bring on the cheap high capacity SAS drives guys!!

Look at eBay. I found 10 2tb SAS for $75 all brand new still sealed. 

Company was selling them because they were out of warranty. They apparently order in bulk and keep them on site for hot swap replacements. But once they hit end of warranty they basically trash em. 

• 5 weeks later...

Im always on ebay!just looking to upgrade all my controllers to 12Gbps SAS as Im finding a serious bottleneck with 23 HDD's it takes about a full 24 hrs for a parity check on my array, about 1TB per hour

and for all the people out there that might say things about the network speed wont handle this . Ive just ordered all the hardware for 10G fiber network 3 dual port ethernet sfp+ cards with tranceivers an 8 port mikrotik sfp+ switch 4 extra 10G tranceivers and a bunch of OM3 LC/LC fiber optic cables