Docker DNS Resolution

Not a Docker Engine nor specific Docker container question so I'll post here.

Is there anyway of having docker containers in Br0 mode, using the same IP as the UnRaid server, to be resolved via DNS?  I know if I assign a separate IP to the container I can make the DNS resolution work, but I'm hoping I can do it when it's a shared IP and rely on the port number.

With separate IPs I could just browse to radarr or medusa and get to the webgui of those containers.  Due to the macvlan restrictions that are enforced on separate IPs, I've had to bring most containers back to standard bridge mode and I really miss dns resolution.  Ideally a solution where I don't need to edit my PC's localhosts file.

22 minutes ago, John_M said:

If you mean that you want a DNS server to resolve a name into a TCP port number instead of an IP address, then no. Why not use browser bookmarks or shortcuts saved to your desktop instead?

Yes, that will work to a point.  But with multiple devices/PCs I was hoping for an easy set-once, use everywhere solution.  No drama,  I was pretty sure I was reaching

3 hours ago, John_M said:

If you mean that you want a DNS server to resolve a name into a TCP port number instead of an IP address, then no.

I do something like that using easydns url forwarding. I have site1.domain.com redirected to site2.domain.com:8080

Makes it easy to have a short memorable name for a long hard to type address.

Not going to work to redirect http://sonarr to http://192.168.1.5:8080 though.