docker service causes read only FS?

I had an issue with docker giving the loop2 error sort of like this thread (BTRFS: error (device loop2) in btrfs_sync_log:3168: errno=-5 IO failure) - so i went ahead and turned off docker and deleted the image, i have appdata backed up (in a working, non error throwing state). When i turn the image back on to recreate it, it makes whatever drive i put it on read only. mnt/usr, mnt/cache etc

Not sure how to proceed - is there maybe something still cached somewhere that i need to remove manually so docker can't 'fall back' on it?

Edited by jonfive

Sorry to post on top, figured it might be useful - i think that this whole situation is coming from that drive (sde) which can't find the filesystem now. i got some dockers to work directly on the cache, but at this point, docker is the least of my problems. 

I ran filesystem check, repair - they both can't go anywhere - gives relatively the same response, expecting one block but getting another then stopping

12 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Disk1 is unmountable with an error I've never seen before, you can try these recovery option and/or asking for help on the btrfs mailing list or #btrfs on IRC.

thanks a lot! You're a real asset to the community
The sde drive totally died - nothing in bios either. Lesson learned with not having parity the entire time - just happy i don't keep anything important on there :)