Just put in a new disk then another started failing

I just bough an 8TB drive yesterday, ive added it to the array, meaning its currently going through clearing.

While it was doing this i started transfering some more files to my array and one of my old 3TB hdds (WD30EURS) shat itself it seems, probably just a matter of time since it has power on hour count of 5years and 6months. And the last two years it has been a plex stream disk for my friends. all while being a consumer grade disk

I got 486 errors and something about reallocated sector count. Soo im betting its better to just trash it.

Soo my question is: I really dont want to go out and spend another x amount of $ on another disk when i have a empty one just added to array.

What is the best approach to swap those two disks?

As far as i have understood you basiclly in normal condition, you stop the array, remove the faulty disk, put in a new and then point the disk location to that new disk and it will rebuild using the parity. But what when you want to replace it with a disk allready added to the array (empty)?

:) 

Edited by svennand

I have been playing around with unRaid for about a month. I have swapped a couple of drives in mine just to make sure I am comfortable with the process but you should be able to shut the computer down unplug the bad drive and plug in the new drive. Power up the computer and then select the new drive in place of the other and then start the array. It will take several hours while it is rebuilding the drive. Here is a video that helps walk you through step by step.