Sorting: Docker Application Template List

Once upon a time selecting a docker template was organized by repository.  You could scroll down the list, locate the repository, and select the application.  Now they're sorted alphabetically by application name.  In cases where multiple repositories house the same application, the list shows duplicate applications without knowing which repository it's pulling from.  I hope that makes sense.  (See attachment).  I don't recall the version where this was changed, but it was about a year ago.   I find it to be a bit confusing.  It seems like it would be an easy fix to an overall minor annoyance.  Does anyone know why it's like this?  Likelihood of a fix?

Templates.jpg

Due to the pervasiveness of CA, bugs (and this is a bug introduced ~ a year ago and previously reported) aren't a particular high priority to fix, especially one which is only a display aberration.

That, and for the same reason many repository maintainers cant even be bothered (rightfully so) to publish the URLs for the repositories in the first place

• Upvote 1
On 8/28/2019 at 1:24 AM, saarg said:

Why aren't you using Community Applications?

You make it sound like it's wrong to add a container from the docker menu.   I do use CA, but if I also have repository URLs, is there a difference?  Other than this display bug?

On 8/28/2019 at 5:30 AM, Squid said:

Due to the pervasiveness of CA, bugs (and this is a bug introduced ~ a year ago and previously reported) aren't a particular high priority to fix, especially one which is only a display aberration.

Thanks.  Understandable.  Good to know it wasn't intentional.

2 hours ago, dboonthego said:

You make it sound like it's wrong to add a container from the docker menu.   I do use CA, but if I also have repository URLs, is there a difference?  Other than this display bug?

Thanks.  Understandable.  Good to know it wasn't intentional.

Nothing wrong, but it sounded like you didn't use CA. I see no reason to add repositories manually as long as the apps are in CA.

CA has a much better interface for installing previous installed apps.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, dboonthego said:

is there a difference

At the fundamental level, there is no difference.  But, what appears in CA is managed though.  IE: You won't see Limetech's deprecated Plex container in CA, but you will see it on the drop down, and the same with many other containers