ICDeadPpl

Forum open in Firefox prevents Windows 10 sleep

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

I recently noticed that when I have the Unraid forum open in a tab in Firefox, my Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically.

"powercfg.exe -requests" gives the following result:

Forum open in Firefox tab

When I close the Firefox tab with the Unraid forum, I get this and sleep works again:

89753290_UnraidForumclosedinFirefox.png.867cb89b599d423a009e27fd02d0a41c.png

When I have the Unraid forum open in a tab in Chrome, I also get the "Legacy Kernel Caller" result.

Curiously, if I right click on the tab in Chrome and select "Mute site" the "Legacy Kernel Caller" vanishes and sleep works again.

Unmuting the site returns the "Legacy Kernel Caller" and sleep won't work.

Muting or unmuting the tab in Firefox doesn't make any difference, the "Legacy Kernel Caller" stays active, preventing sleep.
Is there something keeping a connection open in Firefox to the Unraid Forums, as it's the only site I've noticed with this effect?

Posted (edited)

I dont know if its that, but the only thing that comes to my mind is that you get notifications e.g. for answers or new pms while browsing (or lets say while you have the forum open) the forum, so there must be some sort of communication- dont know if you can disable that.

Edited by nuhll