Forum open in Firefox prevents Windows 10 sleep

I recently noticed that when I have the Unraid forum open in a tab in Firefox, my Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically.

"powercfg.exe -requests" gives the following result:

Forum open in Firefox tab

When I close the Firefox tab with the Unraid forum, I get this and sleep works again:

89753290_UnraidForumclosedinFirefox.png.867cb89b599d423a009e27fd02d0a41c.png

When I have the Unraid forum open in a tab in Chrome, I also get the "Legacy Kernel Caller" result.

Curiously, if I right click on the tab in Chrome and select "Mute site" the "Legacy Kernel Caller" vanishes and sleep works again.

Unmuting the site returns the "Legacy Kernel Caller" and sleep won't work.

Muting or unmuting the tab in Firefox doesn't make any difference, the "Legacy Kernel Caller" stays active, preventing sleep.
Is there something keeping a connection open in Firefox to the Unraid Forums, as it's the only site I've noticed with this effect?

• 11 months later...

I tried with opening Firefox with add addons disabled, and it still keeps the computer awake if the Unraid forums are open in a tab.

This is what "powercfg.exe -requests" shows when the forums are opened in Firefox:
2078906683_FirefoxUnraidForumsOpen.png.73d5c89368f3f13ab41bcc0e752dcb97.png

This is when I close the forums tab:
1317359576_FirefoxUnraidForumsClosed.png.64209bf25a492416c41ccb5c6dcc8a60.png

Chrome shows only the "Legacy Kernel Caller" when the forums are open:

1933421027_ChromeUnraidForumOpen.png.7efebf3e229f4227ee0e49b8d7f8e33f.png

I have disabled all notifications in the settings in my profile, but it didn't make any difference.
I can have any other webpage or forum open, and going to sleep timeout works.

Just not when the Unraid forums are open in a browser.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all...

I stumbled upon this thread and have discovered there is a problem with all forums provided by Invision. I have this exact same problem while Firefox is open on Invision forums. I guess the only way to fix it is to contact them.

I think these Invision Community links may be relevant.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/431344-turn-off-change-notification-sound/

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/451729-notificationmp3/

I hope this post helps.

5 hours ago, Karl Q said:

Hi all...

I stumbled upon this thread and have discovered there is a problem with all forums provided by Invision. I have this exact same problem while Firefox is open on Invision forums. I guess the only way to fix it is to contact them.

I think these Invision Community links may be relevant.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/431344-turn-off-change-notification-sound/

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/451729-notificationmp3/

I hope this post helps.

But the notification sound is useful. So it would be better to be a user choice.

In any case, that is not the core of the issue. Works fine on Chrome and not on Firefox apparently.

Still probably is an issue with Invision not behaving the same way for each browser and/or the two browsers not reacting the same way.

Either way, not sure Limetech can do much about it.

54 minutes ago, ChatNoir said:

But the notification sound is useful. So it would be better to be a user choice.

Yes, I am sure the notification is useful, but not streaming constantly when you are on an Invision forum.
Other forums can manage it.

Type "powercfg /requests" from admin command prompt and you will see.

And no, you cannot turn it off from within settings.