[Answered]Removing HDDs during emergency situation?

I am beginning to properly setup unraid and expand the hard drives and explaining to my wife how unraid works as a redundant system to avoid losing data.

Something she brought up caught me off guard and am curious to find the answer but google has not been friendly to my search.

In the event of an emergency like a flood or fire, would I be able to take x number of drives from the hot swap bay and avoid losing data?

Setup,

2 X 12TB parity drives

14 x 12TB Array Drives

2 x 1TB cache SSDs

Something tells me no... but I'd love to hear it from the experts.

Edited by HH0718
Question answered by community.
3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Any data drive you take can be read completely, since Unraid uses an independent filesystem for each array device, to not lose any data you need all drives minus any 2 (plus one cache device for cache data assuming it's raid1).

So, is that any hard drive minus two (including parity drives) or just the data drives and one cache drive?

You'd need 10 data 2 parity and your cache drive (assuming its raid 1) to not lose any data. If you lost your parity you would only lose the data from and missing data drives.

eg no party and 9 data and a cache means you lose the data that is on the missing data drives.

Hope this helps you.