Reset PC (Win10) can't access shares

Hi!

I recently reset my personal Win10 machine and now I can't acces the machine.

Not accessible via name or ip in the "path"-field. It is fine from any other machine in the network...

What I've tried:

Restart PC + Server

Network set to Private

Disable firewall

Update NIC + Update Win10 + Update Server (6.6.6)

Enable/Disable SMBv1

When I enable SMBv1 the server was found but get a error... "Can't access \\tower" (0x80070035)

I have asked a friend who is basically working voluntarily as a IT admin a a medium venue. He has never seen this before... Please Help!!

(Excuse my English, I'm Swedish...)

//Best regards, Alfred

It could be that you got a Win10 automatic update that increased security for SMB access (again).   Read through this thread and see if any of the solutions might work in your case:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/53172-windows-issues-with-unraid/

The first page contains general items that should be done for any SMB issues.   Then go to the end of the thread and read it in reverse order.  That is where the most recent WIN10 information will be found. 

If you are still having problems after that be sure to include which Windows Edition and Version that you are running.  You can find this with the following:

The new Settings app also offers build, edition, and version information in a user-friendly form. Hit Windows+I to open Settings. In the Settings window, navigate to System > About.  Scroll down a bit and you’ll see the information you’re after.

Hello. Hello,

You are doing to know, since the fall of 2018 - spring of 2019 SMB v1 is disabled on the fresh installation of Windows 10, you can reactivate it and change the type of authentication without user (it works but knows a security vulnerability for PETYA and Co.) or install and use NFS Client Windows 10 capacity. in my case I use it and it works like a charm.

can help you solve your problem.

Cheers to you,

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Edited by agent_0-NG5T
missing sentance

Hi!

I went thru the post/list that you linked but nothing worked... When I enable SMBv1.0 the server is listen under Network but whan I try to acces any shares it just gives med a error... Can't Access... (0x80070035) What is this even? Never seen or heard before, to me atleast...

I mapped some NFS-shares but that speed is not good enough for me. Constantly creating and moving huge files... (+100GB)

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1903

Thank's for quick response!

2 hours ago, Alfred Wrigfors said:

I went thru the post/list that you linked but nothing worked... When I enable SMBv1.0 the server is listen under Network but whan I try to acces any shares it just gives med a error... Can't Access... (0x80070035) What is this even? Never seen or heard before, to me atleast...

did you do this one:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/53172-windows-issues-with-unraid/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-715689

and this one

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/53172-windows-issues-with-unraid/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-713069

Here is another tool called LanScan, you can use that will show what your computer is 'finding' on the SMB network and which computer is the Local Master:

https://scottiestech.info/downloads/

This is a link directly to the developer's website.  Please realize that this a piece of software from the general internet.  Treat it as you would any other downloaded software.  I have been using it for several years without a problem and recently download it again when I shifted from WIN7 to WIN10.  

You really want your server to be the Local Master!!!! 

By the way, always Google any Windows error messages that you get.  Windows error messages are virtually worthless at their best and usually misleading.  If you use the following terms, you will get pages of messages about this error---     (0x80070035) Win10 1903 

Edited by Frank1940
  • Upvote 1