4TB Drive Showing as 2.2TB

Hi there, first time posting here, so please go easy on me :)

History:

I had a small 3 drive array with a 2TB parity, 2TB Disk 1, and 500GB Disk 2.

I wanted to expand my capacity, and Disk 1 died, so I bought 2 x 4TB Toshiba HDWQ140 NAS drives with a view to replacing the parity with a 4TB drive, and having a 4TB Disk 1, the old 2TB parity as Disk 2, and removing the dead 2TB and 500GB drives.

Now:

I installed one 4TB drive last night and set it up as parity 2, waited until it'd finished setting up that drive, and today I've shifted Parity 1 to Disk 1 (removing the dead 2TB drive in the process).

I've just noticed however that the 4TB parity drive is showing as a 2.2TB drive in the unRaid (6.7.2) GUI:

image.png.9a6ef28548afb452b89b5190821330a4.png

In the drive details though it's showing as a 4TB drive:

image.png.aaaa3c01eadfc5acd0969a33ffa1ccac.png

I have since dropped the other 4TB drive in the box to see how that gets identified and it also shows as 2.2TB but 4TB on the drive details screen.

I've searched the net and forums and couldn't find any similar posts relating to unRaid and drive size, so apologies if this has already been covered, but does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? 

Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by Ranensol

Excellent, thanks again for the quick response and detailed info!

I'll take a look in the BIOS for the AHCI settings and juggle the drives around and see what I can do.

On a side note, I did take a look through those diagnostics and couldn't make a lot out tbh (my fault not the logs), can I ask where you found the relevant info please? or is that too broad a question?

In this case all the info needed was on the syslog.txt (but same things could be seen on other files,e.g. lspci.txt and lsscsi.txt):

This shows that the Intel SATA controller is set to IDE mode:

Aug 28 18:49:01 Tower kernel: ata_piix 0000:00:1f.2: version 2.13
Aug 28 18:49:01 Tower kernel: ata_piix 0000:00:1f.2: MAP [ P0 P2 P1 P3 ]

And this shows that the LSI is an older SAS1 model:

Aug 28 18:49:01 Tower kernel: ioc0: LSISAS1064E B1: Capabilities={Initiator}

• Upvote 1