Docker thinks most containers have updates available, but they are up to date

I haven't had this problem before, it occurred yesterday for the first time.

No update of unRAID OS since quite a time. Running 6.7.2.

Docker says that most of the containers have updates available. However, when I click on "apply update" Docker tells me that the container is already up to date and nothing is downloaded.

So basically the update notifications are "false alarms". Now it is hard to know which containers really need updating without asking to update all of them, which means they are all restarted - not what I want.

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks for spending your time on helping out!

9 minutes ago, andreidelait said:

I double checked and only linuxserver containers show as update ready. There must be something related to their repo.

We've not changed anything with our repo's. We've just had someone mention in our discord there could be AWS issues which might explain why the unraid update checker thinks there is an update.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, b0m541 said:

The issue seems to have been fixed. If I check for updates, containers will no (as expected) show to be up to date, if there is not update available.

Probably because you've got the AutoUpdate plugin installed and on its latest update it's patching the OS to avoid this issue caused by a change at dockerHub.  Without auto-update installed, the issue is still present.