6.7.2 -- Stopped. Unclean shutdown detected.

zoggy

Using latest version, 6.7.2

Unraid was powered off when UPS died. I started it back up and it did its correction parity check.

Finished with no errors.

A day later the monthly parity check fires off. I cancel that because I did one less than 24 hours ago.

Today I get my new UPS battery and I need to shut down my server to hook it back up on the ups.

Upon stopping the array now I'm greeted with "Stopped. Unclean shutdown detected.".

Looks like the parity check it did on startup didn't clear the startup flag so now it thinks it still was a unclean shut down?

Aug 26 22:53:33 husky emhttpd: unclean shutdown detected

Aug 26 22:56:19 husky kernel: mdcmd (64): check correct

Aug 26 22:56:19 husky kernel: md: recovery thread: check P ...

Aug 26 22:56:19 husky kernel: md: using 1536k window, over a total of 7814026532 blocks.

Aug 27 19:07:21 husky kernel: md: sync done. time=72662sec

Aug 27 19:07:21 husky kernel: md: recovery thread: exit status: 0

then yesterday I abort the monthly check:

Aug 29 01:30:01 husky kernel: mdcmd (98): check

Aug 29 01:30:01 husky kernel: md: recovery thread: check P ...

Aug 29 01:30:01 husky kernel: md: using 1536k window, over a total of 7814026532 blocks.

Aug 29 03:20:02 husky emhttpd: req (3): startState=STARTED&file=&csrf_token=***************&cmdNoCheck=Cancel

Aug 29 03:20:02 husky kernel: mdcmd (99): nocheck Cancel

Aug 29 03:20:02 husky kernel: md: recovery thread: exit status: -4

Thus the exit status from this looks like is wrongly being used to know if is clean or not...

Edited by zoggy

went ahead and just powered down. booted up, and started array. no warning or anything about a unclean shutdown or requiring me to do parity check. so looks like it wast just a bug that it still said unclean shutdown due to aborting the parity check after the unclean one.

Edited by zoggy
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not debating that. It was a unclean shutdown. And on boot it said so and it was correct. Then when it finished the parity check and brought the array online it cleared it. So far all good. Then a day later the monthly parity check started, I aborted it since the partiy was just checked a day prior. The UI at this point was showing that it was an unclean shutdown again --  This in my eyes is wrong. It was making me think that if I was to try and start the array again it would force me to do the parity check. However, I found that if I rebooted the box it 'fixed' the ui on thinking it was unclean as I could start the array just fine again.

3 hours ago, zoggy said:

And on boot it said so and it was correct.

Auto check after unclean shutdown is non correct.

3 hours ago, zoggy said:

I aborted it since the partiy was just checked a day prior. The UI at this point was showing that it was an unclean shutdown again

Aborting a check won't make the GUI show unclean shutdown, not sure what you mean, next time grab diags, they might show something.