Unmountable Disk after Parity Rebuild

After attempting recovery after a drive / controller (PSU?) failure (see link below) I fired up Unraid and let it rebuild parity (disk 4 was marked bad). Now that the parity rebuild is complete it is still saying disk 4 is "Unmountable: No file system" (screenshot below). I assumed the parity rebuild would have taken care of this. Thoughts?

800852297_ScreenShot2019-08-30at7_40_11AM.thumb.png.a97565cbabaf15f357bcd1e1d4d2f6b8.png

1 minute ago, autumnwalker said:

What about formatting and rebuilding (again) from parity? I guess parity has a corrupt FS for this disk ...

Parity has no idea of files, so you would simply rebuild the same contents again.    Do NOT format as that will write an empty file system to the disk and update parity accordingly guaranteeing the disk contents are lost.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

You need to update to latest Unraid, IIRC that release has issues with reiserfsck.

I have not updated due to the SQLLite DB corruption bug - I believe I am a use case for that. I did some searching on the error I am getting and see issues in 6.3.2 and reiserfsck 3.6.25.

The last update to reiserfsprogs that I see in change logs was 6.6.0 - are you sure 6.6.7 or 6.7.x have a more recent version?

8 minutes ago, autumnwalker said:

are you sure 6.6.7 or 6.7.x have a more recent version?

No, it's the same, try rebuilding the superblock directly, without checking first, start array in maintenance mode and:

reiserfsck --rebuild-sb /dev/md4

If it works follow the wiki instructions carefully, then will likely need --rebuild-tree.

These drives (or their predecessors) were formatted when ReiserFS was the default option in Unraid. I've looked at the procedure to re-format and it's not all that appealing.

In the other thread (linked at the top) drives attached to my SAS controller were erroring. I think it was a PSU issue. The first time Unraid disabled Parity. The second time it disabled Disk 4. I put in a new PSU, started up the box, did the unassign drive, start array, stop array, reassign drive procedure to allow Unraid to rebuild the disk "failed" disk. When I reassigned the drive and fired up the array Unraid immediately showed it as unmountable, but also started to rebuild the array so I let it go. Now I'm here.

I can see a couple of things missing (of any importance), but I do have a backup so I can restore them. About 1/4 of that disk was a TimeMachine backup which I can forfeit.

So when I powered the server back on the drive was disabled (red X) and showed unmountable. I did the un-assign / reassign procedure to have Unraid rebuild the disk from parity. This was my mistake? I was doing what I did in the last thread to have it rebuild the parity from disks, but that does not work in the other direction? 

What should I have done?

This was my mistake?

Yes.

I was doing what I did in the last thread to have it rebuild the parity from disks, but that does not work in the other direction? 

It would be fine if the emulated disk was mounting correctly, if it wasn't it was the wrong thing to do.