Plex Unraid 6 Constantly removed from Docker (Orphan Image)

I recently updated, about 2 months ago,  my Unraid server from Version 6.3 to 6.5.

Back when I ran version 6.3 and limetech's Plex docker app I never ever had any problems with anything not working correctly. 

I recently seen that limetech's plex version was no longer supported and they recommended installing linuxserver's plex docker. I copied all my settings and parameters from the limetech install, removed it from my system, installed linuxserver's Plex docker with the same settings.

It kept my library and video files but at first it wouldn't play any of my material at all, come to find out I didn't input anything into the transcode line (I used /tmp) and after that they started to play like normal. Unsure of why that's needed as my shieldTV direct play's anything you throw at it.

Since switching though, I've been seeing that my plex docker container is constantly becoming an orphan image everyday. I always have to go back and reinstall it each day. This makes it very hard for my wife and kids to watch plex in the other room when the server isn't working correctly. I have also noticed that everyday I'm having to reinstall the updated community users plugin's app. I'll updated it and when plex has this issue, its telling me I need to reupdate plugin again. Is my server going back in time and undoing my work? It's very frustrating since I never had any of these issues before I updated to the newest version of Unraid and switch to LinuxServer's.IO of Plex.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I inputting some wrong parameters or directories? I'll attach screen shots and a system log to this post.

1012636592_plexdockersettings.thumb.PNG.af506c0507f6ff105793cb6b4665641a.PNG

2009365850_plexdockersettings1.thumb.PNG.b9bc7bcf8f11815db67b3c98b77c65eb.PNG

507989789_serverdocker.thumb.PNG.693b0d9d20b17f781ee5785173df933a.PNG

444935581_serverlog.PNG.60d264f7fe8f564fab31efc4a7ded2c5.PNG

pomznas-syslog-20190830-1359.zip

do you have a cache drive ? 

But your appdata folder references /mnt/user/appdata/Plexmediaserver but your docker allocation is telling me daapd for allocation. For your version use latest instead of docker.

if you have a cache drive the appdata would be /mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer 

I would remove the docker and install again. see if that will help.

• Upvote 1

Yes I have a samsung SSD m.2 for my cache drive. I believe I have the cache drive set up correctly.

I also have my appdata mapped to /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer. From watching previous versions of plex installs with Unraid (SpaceInvader videos on youtube), this was the correct patch to use when using a cache drive.

I only use Daapd for my itunes music and such.

My docker is showing the correct allocations and I'm pointing them to the correct patch on the plex end of my appdata.

1176956829_DockerSettings.thumb.PNG.e23329530a25b1a411d8691fefd47fe7.PNG

Unless I am missing something?

46 minutes ago, Harro said:

The question still remains is on your sys log it says installing updates for daapd Plexmediaserver so somewhere down the line the mapping is not correct. 

Also check your mover schedule, seems to be logging a lot of activity on it.

I did check and I still had an empty appdata folder on disk1. I have my app data settings as set to cache only. So I had the folder I actually used under the cache drive and disk 1. I removed the empty folder from disk1 as it was empty anyways.

I then changed my allocations to /mnt/cache/appdata instead of /mnt/user/appdata. Then I caught a couple of empty path's that were being added to plex and fixed that.

It looked like the docker was trying to force/auto update all my apps in the docker. Plex would stop, remove itself and then try to reinstall with the newest version. I seen in the log it would fail at the /music volume. I double checked the settings on it and it had the movies, tv and music box's added 2 twice to input volumes on. I edited this and fixed it.

I then click check for updates on all containers and then when it stated update ready, I then updated all containers. Everything went though and Plex stayed up to do and working, without becoming an Orphan Image.

I'm hoping this fixed my issue.

I will look into my mover settings. Thanks Harro.

• Like 1