Email service providers

Bugman1400

What email service providers are cheapest these days? I have my own domain name. I was using Bluehost for several years and it was included in the web hosting fee. I had several email accounts, all for free. Then, I left BH for a slightly cheaper web hoster but, their email sucks. I tried to go back to BH after 6 months and now they want to charge $2.99 per email account per month. WTF? I’d rather not use my UnRaid server since I let that sleep during the night.

Any suggestions?

I had signed up for Google hosted email for my own domains hosted elsewhere during the first month they originally offered it in 2006. They provided me with upto 1000 accounts per domain for free. For people signing up now, I think Google charges.

Not sure what provider I would use today for new domains.

Quick searches show Green Geek for web-hosting ($2.95 a month) and offers unlimited email accounts. https://www.greengeeks.com/web-hosting

Other search shows your mentioned BlueHost for $2.95 a month with unlimited email accounts per domain. But you have to prepay for 3 years.

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-email-hosting-providers

If you are a small business with a small headcount and don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on email accounts, then consider this. From EIG-owned Bluehost comes an exclusive business email package for TechRadar readers where you get unlimited email accounts and email storage for as little as $2.95 when paying for three years; that’s a mere $106.20 for the duration of the term. Is it truly unlimited though?

Hmm...the techradar link provided goes to an article that must be outdated. One link to the BH site shows 404. The other has 5 email account max at $2.95/month and unlimited email accounts at $5.95/month. It’s still better than the $2.95/month/user I was told when talking directly to them. A bit of pricing dishonesty if you ask me. I found Dynu.com which I already had a DDNS account. Their price is $19.95/yr for 50 email accounts. I only need about 10 for now.